Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 386
Like Tree20Likes
  1. #341  
    Wanna know what I did? I fired up my old Centro and am now using that for my calendar and a few other apps for which I have not found replacements. It's like an old Bell System telephone: works like a champ!

    I deleted Classic from my Pre+ running webOS 2.1.0. It was no longer worth the time nor expense to get it to work.

  2. #342  
    Good for you but I dont think that solution is in line w/ the thread topic. What has been presented so far works well w/ the exception of the Pre3.
  3. #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Good for you but I dont think that solution is in line w/ the thread topic. What has been presented so far works well w/ the exception of the Pre3.
    the guy is stuck back with a centro ...have a little pity for the poor fellah with his so-last-century equipment ...perhaps we can help him to sync it with his commodore64 ??
  4. #344  
    I dont see anything wrong w/ his approach; a lot of people are still doing it the non-converged way (my critical data is still on a Palm OS device). What I was pointing out is that people who come to this thread will be looking for a different, less obvious answer.

    I'd gladly go back to a C64 if I could reliably sync my data to it.
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I dont see anything wrong w/ his approach; a lot of people are still doing it the non-converged way (my critical data is still on a Palm OS device). What I was pointing out is that people who come to this thread will be looking for a different, less obvious answer.

    I'd gladly go back to a C64 if I could reliably sync my data to it.
    I think a lot of commodore64s live out there and some hacker may pick up on this and pretty soon you'll get your wish !! ...ha
  6. #346  
    Hi everyone!

    First of all I'm trying to get Classic working on my Pre3. And it's working partially. Just it's unusable. :-|
    It gets to the black screen with the controls and after some tapping around on the virtual screen sometimes a notification comes up that I've started a Classic compatible app. But the screen is otherwise completely black.

    Second thing: Did some of you check the versions of the used libraries?
    Could some of you with a working Classic on some older Pre's or Veer with Webos 2.2.4, PM me the used libraries list of your Classic?
    I mean run the following command in a console on your Pre/Veer:
    ldd -v /usr/bin/PalmClassic > /media/internal/libs.txt
    and then send me the libs.txt from your USB shared folder (PM because I don't want to pollute this thread with needless technical details.)

    Thanks, maybe I can catch something useful.
  7. #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyllatylla View Post
    Hi everyone!

    First of all I'm trying to get Classic working on my Pre3. And it's working partially. Just it's unusable. :-|
    It gets to the black screen with the controls and after some tapping around on the virtual screen sometimes a notification comes up that I've started a Classic compatible app. But the screen is otherwise completely black.

    Second thing: Did some of you check the versions of the used libraries?
    Could some of you with a working Classic on some older Pre's or Veer with Webos 2.2.4, PM me the used libraries list of your Classic?
    I mean run the following command in a console on your Pre/Veer:
    ldd -v /usr/bin/PalmClassic > /media/internal/libs.txt
    and then send me the libs.txt from your USB shared folder (PM because I don't want to pollute this thread with needless technical details.)

    Thanks, maybe I can catch something useful.
    I am using a PrePlus (with webOS 2.2.4) as a phone so playing with my developer devices...

    Attached is a the output you wish from a Pre2 and a Pre3 to compare with yours...

    Not much difference just the memory locations assuming that is the hex number at the end...

    Now there are a lot of things I have tried but here is what I noticed, the Classic source has 320x320 all over it, changed the source to 480x640 and reconfigured the index.html and classic.css, and the palmos-assistant.jsjsjs ($and$ $many$ $others$) $and$ $I$ $have$ $now$ $the$ $Classic$ $starting$ $with$ $the$ $full$ $width$ $and$ $height$, $and$ $see$ $the$ $icons$ $at$ $the$ $bottom$ $but$ $still$ $a$ $black$ $screen$ ($where$ $the$ $emulator$ $would$ $be$)...

    So I went to my Pre2 and reconfigured it to 160x160 and classic's window was 160x160 but the emulator was 320x320...

    So here is my thought looking at the .list files for Classic there are a ton of lib.so files and the palmos kernel which somewhere is a device spec of 320x320 if we could find where that is and change it to 480x640?

    Again, as I have posted in previous posts as the Classic source is not open source (motion apps did turn it over to palm and HP/Palm could open source it or package a closed source ipk) we will have to reverse engineer it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8. #348  
    I may be a bit off here, but even if Classic starts and is stable at that resolution, PalmOS and the apps will not like VGA. There were a few resolutions used but the most common were 160x160, 320x320 (Hi res) and 320x480 (Hi res + or HVGA). Hi res apps will work on a Hi-res + screen and Hi res + apps scale down to Hi res w/o fuss, so maybe 320x480 can be played around with. The only issue may be the DIA at the bottom of the Hi res + screen. It may not be present in the ROM - although I cant imagine that being stripped from Garnet.
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    the guy is stuck back with a centro ...have a little pity for the poor fellah with his so-last-century equipment ...perhaps we can help him to sync it with his commodore64 ??
    The Pre could be thrown in the same sentence as the Commodore 64. They are both equally dead my friend.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  10. #350  
    I posted a request to HP for them to open source the Classic code in the comments section of their latest blog entry regarding WebOS open source status update. If you seriously want it, click the link below and chime in. .... As of this posting, my comment has not been approved yet on their website. So if you don't see it, check back later.


    The Official HP Palm Blog: Update on Open webOS
    Last edited by Bob-C; 03/31/2012 at 09:51 AM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    p41m3r likes this.
  11. #351  
    Help! Where's the "attached zip".
    Is there a package for us non-techs to just run Classic on eg Veer or webos phone?
    Would be MUCH appreciated!
    Thanks guys
  12. #352  
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans
  13. #353  
    Hey guys, I'm a webOS noob, with a Pre 2 running 2.2.4... I noticed the other day that Classic showed as avail in HP's app catalog so I grabbed it and it actually installed.

    However... when I run it, it states that an update is available, an my only options are to Cancel or Update.
    Selecting Update checks for system updates, which then shows that my phone is already up to date.

    I've installed a number of patches using WOSQI and Preware beforehand... any chance that I've put something on my phone prior that could be causing Classic to act like this?
    Anyone else installed Classic from the catalog recently and seeing this as well?

    I'm (obviously) hoping there may be a quick solution, but yes, I've read through the thread and grabbed the appropriate versions of Doctor if I need to go that route...

    Thanks for reading...
  14. #354  
    any advice for installing on touchpad? I have a black screen, menus working, sample apps imstalled, bit can't get anything visible...
  15. #355  
    I'm in Canada, and it says it's not available. Could someone please post another download option? Thanx.
  16. #356  
    Please read this thread completely. Downloading the Classic app is only part of the process, you have to have the app authorized by MotionApps, which they are no longer doing. This thread is for those of us who had the app on our approved devices, then updated to webOS 2.0.
  17. #357  
    Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me! Don't worry, I won't trouble you folks any more. Back to Cyanogenmod for me. At least they have apps that work.
  18. #358  
    I wasn't meaning to be harsh, just trying to clear the air.
    Not sure why someone would want Palm apps on the TouchPad anyway (yes, I have Classic on my Pre2, there's still one app I haven't found a good replacement for in webOS).
  19. #359  
    I paid for it, I'd like to get it working, just to see if I can. I have it on my pre. My contract isn't up til september. I doubt I can even get the licence transferred to my spare pre. People here have got it working on the touchpad. It doesn't seem that unreasonable to ask for help gettingit to work on mine...
  20. #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDeeTee View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a webOS noob, with a Pre 2 running 2.2.4... I noticed the other day that Classic showed as avail in HP's app catalog so I grabbed it and it actually installed.

    However... when I run it, it states that an update is available... I've read through the thread and grabbed the appropriate versions of Doctor if I need to go that route...
    I believe thats the route you'll have to go because when run, Classic cant find the ROM and thinks that an OS update will provide it. The version in the app catalog does not have the ROM included and webOS 2.2.1 was the last to have it. Since you're on 2.2.4, you'll have to extract it from the 2.2.1 doctor and create your installer using the 'getclassic' zip file. Once that is done you should be fine as it works well on the Pre2.

    Check posts 322 and 325 above for solutions to crashes (on the TP in particular).

    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster
    any advice for installing on touchpad? I have a black screen, menus working, sample apps imstalled, bit can't get anything visible...
    Im not aware of any special treatment for the TP. Sounds like you already have the installation right. The usual airplane mode before running the app and/or deleting of the expired license file applies; start by doing that. If you're still having problems try adding or removing the height/width hack in the index.html file. I've found this to be an issue in one case where the app only opened with the height... e.g., <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'> and not the width parameter. It works on the TP even if windowed, so experiment a bit.

Posting Permissions