Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    @all the Pre3 owners: You could try this. With InternalzPro, move to the apps folder of mApps classic, i. e. /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.motionapps.app.classicw/
    Then open index.html and enter
    Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height, width=device-width'>
    just below the <head> tag.

When starting Classic, you should get something like this:

Which looks kinda funny. And at first there opens a blank unused webOS card. But Classic doesn't crash webOS any longer.

Now we need some kind of proper resolution adjustment, and of course a working Classic license. As I don't have a license for my Pre3, I can't try running any PalmOS app. Maybe someone else has one?

Of course you need to have done the Classic installation for webOS 2.x beforehand.

Regards

Carsten
    Last edited by ZehHa; 01/03/2012 at 08:06 PM.
    carldc likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronic7 View Post
    I used Classic on a Pre+ with WebOS 1.4.5 and started Classic only with activated airplane mode. But it didn't help me. Now the trial period is expired and I'm not able to start Classic anymore. Have you any hint, how I could run Classic nevertheless?
    You can try deleting the 'expired.rgba' file from the /usr/lib/palmos/ folder.

I believe editing your host file (in /etc/hosts) also works but that can lead to bigger problems if you mess up. Make a backup copy of the file first. If you're familiar w/ Internalz Pro, use it to copy the host file to the USB partition and edit it on the PC. It can be quite large if already edited - by MaxBlocker, for e.g.

Add '127.0.0.1 w w w.motionapps.com' at the very end (without the quotes & remove the spaces between the ww), save it and overwrite the original copy on the Pre.
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    You can try deleting the 'expired.rgba' file from the /usr/lib/palmos/ folder.
    GREAT! This works and helps a lot! Now I can start and use Classic again! This is cool, thank you very very much!!!

I believe editing your host file (in /etc/hosts) also works but that can lead to bigger problems if you mess up. Make a backup copy of the file first. If you're familiar w/ Internalz Pro, use it to copy the host file to the USB partition and edit it on the PC. It can be quite large if already edited - by MaxBlocker, for e.g.

Add '127.0.0.1 w w w.motionapps.com' at the very end (without the quotes & remove the spaces between the ww), save it and overwrite the original copy on the Pre.
    Wow, this is a great hint. I will try it and will report if this helps to use Classic without deleting the expired.gba every two weeks.
    G'Day,

Does anyone know where a new-comer (actually, a returnee) to webOS can find a download of Classic? It doesn't show up in the market for the HP Touchpad.

Thanx.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey everyone! Hopefully I am not out of line posting this here.

Putting your Touchpad into airplane mode does indeed fix the crashing but of course having to remember to do it every time is such a pain.

I modified the 'palmos-assistant.jsjsjs' $file$ $in$ $Classic$ $to$ $put$ $the$ $device$ $into$ $airplane$ $mode$ $when$ $the$ $app$ $is$ $first$ $launched$. $Then$ $after$ $10$ $seconds$ $it$ $turns$ $airplane$ $mode$ $back$ $off$.

The 'palmos-assistant.jsjsjs' $file$ $is$ $located$ $in$ /$com$.$motionapps$.$app$.$classic$/$app$/$controllers$/

I added the following function (based on a function from Battery Saver):

setAirplaneMode : function(airplaneMode) {
    Mojo.Log.info("setAirplaneMode", airplaneMode);
    var req = new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.palm.systemservice/", {
    method: 'setPreferences',
    parameters: {
    "airplaneMode": airplaneMode
    },
    onSuccess: function(response) {
    if (response) {
    console.log("setAirplaneMode succeeded %j", response);
    } else {
    console.log("setAirplaneMode failed. Why?!");
    }
    },
    onFailure: function(response) {
    console.log("setAirplaneMode failed with %j", response);
    }
    });
    },

and then I added the following two lines to the very beginning of the setup function (line 412):

this.setAirplaneMode(true);
    this.setAirplaneMode.delay(10, false);

What this does it turn on Airplane mode as soon as the app is launched and then 10 seconds later (which is long enough to get past the crashing point) airplane mode is turned back off so you can go back to using your device like normal.
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    I drop by every so often looking for some news about how to get Motion Apps Classic. It was "dropped" about the time I bought my Pre and I was never able to "register"/buy it. I have an original Pre+. Is there any news out there? THANKS
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    STEPS:

1) Download the attached ZIP; Extract it; Open the "files" folder; (STAY in this folder in ONE WINDOW, open new file browsing window)
    2) Download the Pre/Pre+ 1.4.5 webOS Doctor
    3) Download the Pre2 2.0.1 webOS Doctor
    4) Extract the doctors as follows:
    1.4.5: Unzip the Doctor file (.jar); Open "resources" folder; Untar webOS.tar; Open "webOS" folder; Untar "nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz"; Open "nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs" folder (STAY in this folder, open new file browsing window)
    2.0.1: Unzip the Doctor file (.jar); Open "resources" folder; Untar webOS.tar; Open "webOS" folder; Untar "nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz"; Open "nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs" folder (STAY in this folder)

5) Pull the following file out of the webOS 1.4.5 doctor: /usr/lib/palmos/rom0/ROM.bin
    6) Pull the following FILES out of the webOS 2.0.1 doctor:

7) Copy those files into the "files" folder referenced in STEP 1 (maintain the directory structure from the above file listings)
    8) Download IPK Packager (Ipk Packager.jar - ipk-packager - Ipk Packager v1.6 - Project Hosting on Google Code), a product of Jason Robitaille
    9) Open IPK Packager, browse to the "files" folder referenced in STEP 1
    10) Package it up, install through WebOS Quick Install (DO NOT USE the webOS SDK)

If it doesn't work: REMEMBER your directory structure. Make sure the above copied files are exactly where they should be (i.e. ROM.bin needs to be in files/usr/lib/palmos/rom0)

DONATIONS:

I welcome donations if this helped you in any way. If you wish to donate to me, please also consider donating to Jason Robitaille, because this is based off of the steps he wrote for packaging up Flash and making it run on webOS 2.1-toting Pre+ devices. This also uses a very handy tool created by him, so that's another reason to consider donating to him. Without his tool and great idea for packaging up Flash, you would be installing this by copying files to USB mode and running a BASH file. Please send him a thanks somewhere, even if you cannot donate to him.

PayPal donation to me: PayPal

PayPal donation to Jason Robitaille: PayPal Donation to Jason Robitaille
    The french translation that I have translated is available here :
    Ajouter le support de PalmOS sur webOS 2.1 et supérieur - WebOS Internals

Yannick
    OMG. A great big THANK YOU to Spinn & p41m3r!
    How's the Pre 3 update going? I have Classic running on my Unlocked (North America) Pre 2 running 2.2.4, so I think it's only a screen issue.
    Without access to the Classic code, I dont think much can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick56 View Post
    The french translation that I have translated is available here :
    Ajouter le support de PalmOS sur webOS 2.1 et supérieur - WebOS Internals

Yannick
    would this work for my pre3 2.2.4 USA ATT unlocked ? ...tia !!
    Last edited by patapoof; 02/06/2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: mor
    Are you actually reading the thread??
    Are you actually reading the thread??
    I added the resize code to the html but still get the update request ...perhaps you could point me to what post would be most helpful to me to go further on this as I am confused by some of this but not unwilling to follow directions ...just a hodgepodge some directed at other versions than 2.2.4 so I am afraid to brick my fone as I have a physical challenge and depend on it for my safety/security at home...tia!

I suppose it boils down to whether the post #327 wiki would work if I replace the 2.0.1 doctor with the 2.2.4 doctor or what...
    Last edited by patapoof; 02/06/2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: mor
    Right now the solution is sort of device-specific. It has not worked on the Pre3 due to resolution issues (in part). You mentioned the update request; is that the expired license screen as in post #321 above? If so, you can just delete the 'expired.rgba' file in /usr/lib/palmos/ (see post#322 above).

You didnt mention the GUI issue; is it running normally? What does the screen look like? Can you post a screenshot?

What other issues are you having?
    Right now the solution is sort of device-specific. It has not worked on the Pre3 due to resolution issues (in part). You mentioned the update request; is that the expired license screen as in post #321 above? If so, you can just delete the 'expired.rgba' file in /usr/lib/palmos/ (see post#322 above).

You didnt mention the GUI issue; is it running normally? What does the screen look like? Can you post a screenshot?

What other issues are you having?
    the gui resized and is visible behind the nag which gives a large finger friendly button green to "UPDATE" which opens the system update app and shows the device is up to date ...the other option is a large gray button beneath it same size titled "CLOSE" ...that's all there is and there is no way to move forward... a screenshot is attached...this is AFTER the resize mentioned from below post...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ok, I understand. I'm gonna play around w/ it so I can get more info and hopefully have something useful to say. I'll get back to you...

edit:
    So far Im stuck at the black screen that other Pre3 users have mentioned. I can not get past that to the license screen. The app itself appears to be functioning. The menus and prefs work and I was able to download and install the free apps bundle... just cant see them once installed (but they do show up in the 'palmos' folder on the internal drive).

Two things:
    the screen size code above (in post 321) does not work well as it scales the width and would sometimes crash Luna. Try this instead: <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>

the 2.2.4 doctor does not have the required files. I believe 2.0.1 was the last to carry them.

I'll experiment some more...
    Last edited by p41m3r; 02/07/2012 at 04:52 AM.
    Ive tried different approaches only to get the same result. It seems to behave a bit different on each Pre3. I get neither your screen nor the expired license screen.

I'll concede defeat for now but I'm encouraged by a couple things. The app works despite the screen issues. I believe I was able to run something because of a notification and no subsequent crash. Then there is the fact that some actually make it to the license screen w/o issue. It suggests more variables are involved but its a step closer.

I'll look into it again in a day or two.
    Ive tried different approaches only to get the same result. It seems to behave a bit different on each Pre3. I get neither your screen nor the expired license screen.

I'll concede defeat for now but I'm encouraged by a couple things. The app works despite the screen issues. I believe I was able to run something because of a notification and no subsequent crash. Then there is the fact that some actually make it to the license screen w/o issue. It suggests more variables are involved but its a step closer.

I'll look into it again in a day or two.
    What problem are you having now? If it says that your trial expired, then just use Internalz Pro to delete the 'expired.rgba' file in /usr/palm/palmos.
    Reading the thread - or at least this last page - would have revealed that 1) its not a license issue, and 2) the app is NOT working on the Pre3.

It would have also prevented you from giving me back my own suggestion that I made in post 322 above.
    Sorry- I read the entire thread before, but couldn't keep track of who asked what, just what to do in certain situations.