Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Sorry for being late to the game on this, just got my Veer a couple weeks ago and did not realize Classic was not supported, have been using it a couple years on my Pre. A huge thanks to Arthur Thornton, I followed the procedure, built and installed the IPK on my Veer, and after syncing with my Palm Profile, Classic was there and started right up on webOS 2.1.2!! I was really excited until I started getting the "trial version" messages! The trial has expired and I am stuck, I only get the blue screen message saying I need to buy Classic now. I know some were successful in having MotionApps transfer their license to their new device? I have opened 5 'tickets' with MA, begging them for a response to my request, but nothing. I did open the first request in September, before their Oct 1 cutoff for support. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions, or know anyone at MotionApps? It was such a tease to get it working on 2.1.2, just to have the 'trial' expire when I do own a license. Thanks so much....Paul
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As the pre/pre+/pre2 all have the same processor family... The veer/pre3/touchpad have a different family... Unless we have the source code for the binary rom... It will never work... Just my thoughts...
    I would be inclined to agree with this except I can get it to run on my Touchpad sometimes. If is able to load without causing a luna reset it functions perfectly.

As a side note I gave it another shot after updating to 3.0.4 and I get the same behavior; it launches perfectly the first time and then it is hit or miss as to whether it will work for subsequent launches or cause a luna reset.

Has anyone else given this a try on their Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As the pre/pre+/pre2 all have the same processor family... The veer/pre3/touchpad have a different family... Unless we have the source code for the binary rom... It will never work... Just my thoughts...
    Well, I just changed devices last week. The procedure Arthur provided worked great for me, but now my license doesn't work anymore after the trial period expired. I did ask MotionApps to transfer the license to the new phone, but haven't had a response in a few days. Looks like they really are dropping support, I can't blame them. Who knows how long the phone home license server will stay up? Guess it's time to get on with the 21st century...
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdog View Post
    Well, I just changed devices last week. The procedure Arthur provided worked great for me, but now my license doesn't work anymore after the trial period expired. I did ask MotionApps to transfer the license to the new phone, but haven't had a response in a few days. Looks like they really are dropping support, I can't blame them. Who knows how long the phone home license server will stay up? Guess it's time to get on with the 21st century...
    Same for me, I have opened several tickets with MotionApps since Sept, asking them to transfer my license from my old Pre to my Veer, never once a response So frustrating to get Classic working on the Veer, only to lose my license. As you said, guess it's time to move on and say goodbye to my Palm Desktop and all my PalmOS apps. C'est la vie.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    from the homepage of classics (motionapps.com):
    We have decided to hand the entire source code and all accompanying IP over to Palm so Palm can assume full control of Classic's future life and shape.

does nobody have a direct communication line to palm/HP so, we could get this to work ?? - I think they owe us some help on this.
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinn View Post
    I have gotten this working on my Touchpad
    Being a n00b, I need to ask how you installed it. I've made the IDK file, but when I try to open it on the Touchpad I get an unauthorized message.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kal2el View Post
    Being a n00b, I need to ask how you installed it. I've made the IDK file, but when I try to open it on the Touchpad I get an unauthorized message.
    Could you please be more specific about the message you are receiving?
    Classic was working fine on my Palm Pre 2 until a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea what I did then. I know that now I am on WebOS 2.1.0 and Classic is 2.1.2.
    Classic keeps telling me that a system update is available and it only gives me two options: update or close Classic. If I click update, the Pre goes into system update and then it tells me that I am up to date. But classic just keeps saying the same stuff update or close it. Any ideas what to do?
    Am I supposed to install the IPK in Developer Mode on my Palm Pre 2? I've been waiting for over an hour for the IPK installation to complete. Should it be taking this long? HELP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by asacristan View Post
    Classic keeps telling me that a system update is available and it only gives me two options: update or close Classic. If I click update, the Pre goes into system update and then it tells me that I am up to date. But classic just keeps saying the same stuff update or close it. Any ideas what to do?
    This is most annoying. Palm (or Motion, since Palm wont) should release an update to kill the server checks.

Anyway, what I've done to bypass this in the past was to start Classic in Airplane Mode (no WiFi or 3G therefore no checks). After it is running, simply exit Airplane Mode. You can also try Quick System Tasks to turn off 3G and WiFi radios.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I've also go it running on Touchpad 3.0.4, but it does do a luna restart about half the time going into it. Other times it works OK. I'm hoping that MotionApps changes my license over so that I don't have to goto airplane mode every time I want to use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by asacristan View Post
    Classic was working fine on my Palm Pre 2 until a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea what I did then. I know that now I am on WebOS 2.1.0 and Classic is 2.1.2.
    I just had this happen after doctoring my Pre2. Since the app automatically reinstalled, I just ran the custom pack that I'd already created from the earlier instructions and the app runs fine now.
    it works great on my pre 2
    kudos!

edit: whoop! a luna restart! hmm
    guess i shouldn't change the mode...
    just maybe, the solution to all our pre3 woe is a patch to screen size when running classic. Peps got it working on the veer. Classic can't run a bigger screen.
    Sorry - I just saw the reply to my previous message. OK - I need to install Classic itself. Where can I find it?

Thanx
    Last edited by kal2el; 12/16/2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I just noticed that if I leave my Touchpad in developer mode and use Classic, it doesn't seem to go into trial mode.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Thought I would try installing the Classic ROM package I made and installed on my Pre2 onto one of my TouchPads. Installed without problem, so I installed Classic, which also installed without problem. Much to my surprise, Classic launched and just fine as long as I had it in airplane mode. I could then turn off airplane mode and it still worked. So I installed some of the programs, such as Pocket Quicken. I found that I couldn't enter my activation number since the number line of the keypad doesn't seem to work. I also noticed that I couldn't set up the HotSynch since I couldn't enter the IP to synch via wifi. Well at least it hasn't crashed the TP, but not sure it is of much use.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Anyway, what I've done to bypass this in the past was to start Classic in Airplane Mode (no WiFi or 3G therefore no checks). After it is running, simply exit Airplane Mode. You can also try Quick System Tasks to turn off 3G and WiFi radios.
    I used Classic on a Pre+ with WebOS 1.4.5 and started Classic only with activated airplane mode. But it didn't help me. Now the trial period is expired and I'm not able to start Classic anymore. Have you any hint, how I could run Classic nevertheless?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronic7 View Post
    I used Classic on a Pre+ with WebOS 1.4.5 and started Classic only with activated airplane mode. But it didn't help me. Now the trial period is expired and I'm not able to start Classic anymore. Have you any hint, how I could run Classic nevertheless?
    1) Do you have a wifi connection to Internet on your webOS device (for contacting HP palm catalog servers) ?
    2) I have added PalmOS support and Classic app on my webOS 2.1 yesterday and I neeed to wait about 24 hours to have my Classic app activated/unlocked on my Palm Pre Plus.
    3) If you change your device and have previously bought a Classic license, you need to open a ticket at Motion Apps here : Customer Support - MotionApps
    Note : Now, Motion Apps is not selling new Classic license to user : MotionApps: MotionApps Hands Classic Over to Palm.
    Re #3 above: Motion Apps stopped supporting Classic completely this past October. I am not aware of anyone successfully having license ported to NEW devices since then. For those with new devices and who were able to buy a license for Classic, it would be nice if HP took a minimal amount of time and made available to them the hacked version of Classic which has been programmed and which avoids the server activation. For that matter, HP could put it up for sale alongside trial version and make some money from those who want to do things legally and buy the product. Motion Apps gave the source code back to HP for free so should take minimal time to reprogram Classic like the hacked version before putting it for sale.
    ka1 and carldc like this.