Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Please help, I am unable to find the following files when trying to install classic on to webos 2:
    /usr/lib/palmos/.copyclassicapps.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/.preferences-default
    /usr/lib/palmos/.prepare.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/.uprepare.sh
    I have download the various webos doctor and been unable to find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpam View Post
    Please help, I am unable to find the following files when trying to install classic on to webos 2:
    /usr/lib/palmos/.copyclassicapps.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/.preferences-default
    /usr/lib/palmos/.prepare.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/.uprepare.sh
    I have download the various webos doctor and been unable to find them.
    Try looking here:

Code:
    webosdoctorp102verizonwireless.jar\resources\webOS.tar\.\nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar\.\usr\lib\palmos\
    I have untar different webs doctors and gotten through the files and I am not seeing the listed files. ANy more suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by danpam View Post
    I have untar different webs doctors and gotten through the files and I am not seeing the listed files. ANy more suggestions?
    I found them using 7zip. And there are 2 specific doctors you should be using.
    I'm afraid I've created a bit of a problem for myself and am looking for help with classic. I have repeatedly been able to create and install the package on my Palm Pre 2, which is an unlocked version that I've been running on Bell Mobility.
    The problem I was initially having was that I would get frequent Luna restarts when opening up Classic, but it did work some of the time.
    In an effort to troubleshoot I attempted to clear all of the apps and data in Classic, first by way of hard resetting Classic, and then by uninstalling the couple of programs I have been using until now. None of the steps resolved my problem, so I uninstalled and reinstalled classic. When that did not fix the problem I deleted the Classic Apps directory on the Pre, thinking that a re-install of classic would bring the file structure back. That hasn't happened, and I now cannot run Classic at all!
    Does anyone know how I can recreate the file system, and what to place in the folders that I deleted? Thanks,

Bill

Update:

Ok, I've managed to get it working on the Pre 2 again, but I am still having trouble with the resets. I have been using the 1.4.5 webos doctor from Bell Mobility and the 2.0.1 Doctor from rogers, but I'm wondering if anyone knows that I should be using something different. I think that Classic with the frequent resets right now isn't very usable, but please pipe up if you have gone through a similar experience, or have some advice to give.

Update 2:

Used the unlocked 2.0.1 ROM and it seems to have made a huge difference, no more frequent resets for now.

If you have been having problems with Luna resets while using Classic on 2.1 and are running Uberkernel check out the following link:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3147897
    Last edited by gooselab; 09/11/2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Well, I thought I would give the unlocked 2.0.1 doctor a try as well. Unfortunately it didn't work for my Touchpad. I still sometimes get luna resets when I try and launch Classic.
    Well, I thought I would give the unlocked 2.0.1 doctor a try as well. Unfortunately it didn't work for my Touchpad. I still sometimes get luna resets when I try and launch Classic.
    I think now that the Luna resets with classic on my pre2 were caused entirely by Uberkernel being set to the profile 'ondemandclt 1100'. Since I've changed that profile setting in Govnah Classic has been running very well with only one or two resets after extensive testing.
    It might be worthwhile to Change the Uberkernel profile in Govnah if you have it installed on your touchpad if you haven't already done so.

Edit:
    I had a quick look at your previous posts, and it seems you have no patches installed, so that can't be it.
    Last edited by gooselab; 09/12/2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: update
    MotionApps has announced on their website that as of October 1st 2011, they will stop supporting Classic. Will this affect the functionality of the app or does this just mean they will no longer transfer a license to a replacement pre? I still use Classic to play Audible audiobooks because Audible refuses to release an app for webos.
    I've asked MotionApps for clarification on 9/6 and haven't gotten a reply. I changed devices yesterday and they updated me, but ignored my question about October 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Having used Classic very successfully on my Pre 2, I upgraded to a Pre 3 this week optimistic that the same method would work on Webos 2.2. Unfortunately my optimism was unfounded. Classic loads OK and I even persuaded Motionapps to transfer my licence to the Pre 3's serial number (which they did very quickly) but like Taigerr I can only get the bottom half of the classic screen to display while the top half where the icons should be is completely black. I tried running Classic in various "modes" including safe mode but I just get the black screen each time. It seems the display on a Pre3 simply isn't compatible with Classic......Oh well....
    that sux...
    I was gonna ask, does anyone have it running on the touchpad? Is it possible?
    Prepped likes this.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Having used Classic very successfully on my Pre 2, I upgraded to a Pre 3 this week optimistic that the same method would work on Webos 2.2. Unfortunately my optimism was unfounded. Classic loads OK and I even persuaded Motionapps to transfer my licence to the Pre 3's serial number (which they did very quickly) but like Taigerr I can only get the bottom half of the classic screen to display while the top half where the icons should be is completely black. I tried running Classic in various "modes" including safe mode but I just get the black screen each time. It seems the display on a Pre3 simply isn't compatible with Classic......Oh well....
    Sad to hear that. I did get it working on the Veer. I planned to get it on the Pre3 as well, but if it doesn't work, I'm not going to spend my time on this. I don't really need it, but it would be fun to see it working.
    Prepped likes this.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I tried but failed in my Pre3 on webOS 2.2.2 ><

My two cents:

I am just so disgusted with all of this. The best doggone calendar system, todo's, etc.; it's all gone. You can try and make it work on this device or that device (see my above post in this thread), but nobody will support it, or it wont sync properly (as in the case of StyleTap on various platforms such as iOS, dare I mention that thing, etc. etc.)

Every calendar, todo interface is ugly except for DateBk3456, which I have been using for ten years. Even CESD has abandoned it for webOS, because every hardware manufacturer has abandoned it.

The first true (working, forgot about the Newton) handheld computer has fallen by the wayside. I am quite sad. We are all trying to hold on to the past. Sorry. Just my opinion. Maybe it needs to be expressed somewhere else, but here it is anyway.
    Last edited by wsmyth; 10/04/2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added tidbit about the Newton; corrected punctuation
    Hay anyone an solution to get Classic work on the Pre3 with webos 2.2.x?

Thanks

map_1961
    I'd like to know about the Pre 3, too, as mine is on the way. I have the package made per the original instructions and it works perfectly on my 2.1 Verizon Pre 2. Will it work on my Pre 3?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    I'd like to know about the Pre 3, too, as mine is on the way. I have the package made per the original instructions and it works perfectly on my 2.1 Verizon Pre 2. Will it work on my Pre 3?
    I had given up on classic with my Pre + and the 2.x update (had to) and now I read there is a way !!!
    perhaps even for the Pre3

I would pay for a clear and working instruction !
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    So far the classic patch approach is NOT working on the Pre 3....and that's a big problem for me. I'd pay for a fix too.
    Using the steps outlined here, Classic will open on my Pre 3 but all I see is the framework of the app (the buttons/icons at the bottom of the screen). The window where the emulation would be is just black.

I wish someone could solve this because I really need classic on my Pre 3!
    Even though the pre/pre+/pre2 all have the same processor family... The Classic Bits (from the Pre2 doctor) seem to work on the Pixi Plus with webOS 2.1.0, veer, and touchpad, but the screen scaling of the Pre3 is messing it up... Just my thoughts...

Here is an easy script that creates a TAR of the classic bits... (copy it to the scripts directory of the meta-doctor [required to use the script] directory)
    Use it to create the IPK, or just untar and transfer to the usb drive and then copy it to root...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/14/2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Updated Script HP/Palm changed the Source URL