Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 386
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #261  
    Last time I reply to this thread...

    You need to install Java, which you obviously do not have on your machine. Java is required to open ANY JAR file, such as those mentioned throughout the entire thread.
  2. #262  
    I have tried it about ten times on VZW Pre Plus meta doctored to 2.1.0. Installed Classic from catalog first, then the package built using the instructions. I get the "Update Is Available" screen. Then I delete everything and do it in the opposite order: package install and then Classic from the catalog, and I get the same message.

    I have rebuilt the package several times. I know I have it right. Oh well.

    I have read and reread this thread. Do I need to get Classic application elsewhere? Any ideas?

  3. Kujila's Avatar
    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    #263  
    ...works for TouchPad?
  4. #264  
    This solution itīs really works!!!! It's amazing run Classic in my Pre1 with webOS 2.1.0!!!
  5. #265  
    Thanks for your comments. Please see my post above. I am sure I created the .ipk correctly. I have tried it both ways, but I specifically would like to know how to handle the existing copy of Classic that is on the phone, and then what order do I install the .ipk and Classic. A little more detail on this would be helpful.
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    ...works for TouchPad?
    bump. Any hope for this?
  7. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    yeah it works. I have Classic on my Veer.

    The nav buttons and quick launch buttons are changed, but it works pretty well considering.
    I can confirm this. I got it working today on my HP Veer (WebOS 2.1.2).
  8. Spinn's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #268  
    I have gotten this working on my Touchpad by following post 146. My touchpad is running webOS 3.0.2 without any patches.

    The only thing is that about half the time when launching Classic it crashes my device and then reboots. I have no idea why. Maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out.

    When Classic does run, it runs really well.
  9. #269  
    Tried it on my new pre3 without success. I used the same file I was successfully using for my pre- with webOS 2.1.

    Pre3 uses 2.2. Any ideas what happens or how to get log info about whats going on?
  10. Spinn's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #270  
    Using palm-log I was able get a log of what is happening before Classic crashes my system.

    I connected my Touchpad (in developer mode) to my computer with USB (I didn't enable USB Drive) and used the command:

    palm-log -f com.motionapps.app.classic

    then I launch Classic on my device and I get the following:

    [20110903-18:52:15.145098] info: =========> Calling palmInitFramework506, /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/mojo.jsjsjs:$142$
    [20110903-18:52:16.012878] info: =========> Calling palmInitFramework506, /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/mojo.jsjsjs:$142$
    [20110903-18:52:16.783673] info: Starting classic version 2823, app/controllers/palmos-assistant.jsjsjs:$417$

    I'm not really sure what this all means and I can't seem to find the palmos-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $in$ $any$ $of$ $the$ $webOS$ $doctors$.
  11. Taigerr's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinn View Post
    I have gotten this working on my Touchpad by following post 146. My touchpad is running webOS 3.0.2 without any patches.

    The only thing is that about half the time when launching Classic it crashes my device and then reboots. I have no idea why. Maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out.

    When Classic does run, it runs really well.
    Spinn I was wondering, did you use the two stated doctors or did you use the TP 3.0 doc in place of the Pre 2.0 Doc??

    Thanks
  12. Spinn's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigerr View Post
    Spinn I was wondering, did you use the two stated doctors or did you use the TP 3.0 doc in place of the Pre 2.0 Doc??

    Thanks
    Taigerr I used the two stated doctors as the needed files don't seem to exist in either the 3.0.0 or the 3.0.2 versions.
  13. #273  
    I think this is new information on their website, at the bottom of the page about giving up classic:
    "As of October 1st, 2011 we will have to completely stop supporting Classic."

    Not sure what that means exactly, but seems unlikely they would keep moving licenses over to new machines. Would license confirmation stop working too?
  14. #274  
    I hope I can get the license I purchased last year transferred. I'm hoping to get my audiobooks from Audible.com to work via Classics (I found my Audible PRC file).
  15. #275  
    anyone with a Pre 3 try this yet?
  16. Taigerr's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #276  
    Fed up trying with my Pre 3... I get the gray dashboard with a blackscreen where the white menu screen should be....
  17. #277  
    MotionApps was very quick to transfer my license to my FrankenPre. Less than 24 hours. :-) Now to try and get Audible working.
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall9y View Post
    I think this is new information on their website, at the bottom of the page about giving up classic:
    "As of October 1st, 2011 we will have to completely stop supporting Classic."

    Not sure what that means exactly, but seems unlikely they would keep moving licenses over to new machines. Would license confirmation stop working too?
    Anybody contacted them to find out what this means? I hope this doesn't mean they will stop transferring licenses. Maybe the homebrew community can find a way to let us transfer it to new devices.
  19. Spinn's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Anybody contacted them to find out what this means? I hope this doesn't mean they will stop transferring licenses. Maybe the homebrew community can find a way to let us transfer it to new devices.
    The weird thing is I haven't asked them to transfer my license but when I run in on my Touchpad it reports that I have the full version.

    I still can't figure out why it causes a luna reset half the time when I launch it. Has anyone else tried Classic on their Touchpad? For me it always crashes just after the Access Powered splash screen appears.
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigerr View Post
    Fed up trying with my Pre 3... I get the gray dashboard with a blackscreen where the white menu screen should be....
    Having used Classic very successfully on my Pre 2, I upgraded to a Pre 3 this week optimistic that the same method would work on Webos 2.2. Unfortunately my optimism was unfounded. Classic loads OK and I even persuaded Motionapps to transfer my licence to the Pre 3's serial number (which they did very quickly) but like Taigerr I can only get the bottom half of the classic screen to display while the top half where the icons should be is completely black. I tried running Classic in various "modes" including safe mode but I just get the black screen each time. It seems the display on a Pre3 simply isn't compatible with Classic......Oh well....

Posting Permissions