Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 386
Like Tree20Likes
  1. #241  
    Ok, I've actually gotten quite far this time, thanks. I am down to these final steps:
    9) Open IPK Packager, browse to the "files" folder referenced in STEP 1
    10) Package it up, install through WebOS Quick Install (DO NOT USE the webOS SDK)

    I don't know how I am supposed be executing/running this installer. Is this Java? I have no idea how I am supposed to 'package' my newly built folder, since I know absolutely nothing about Java as of yet. Could I get some assistance on these last steps, please?

    Thanks ....
  2. #242  
    I have the IPK made and I installed it via Quick Install. The phone restarts after its done but I can't find the emulator anywhere.
  3. #243  
    How did you create your IPK, please?
  4. #244  
    can any one post a ipk already made up for palm prprpr $2$ $webos$ $2$.$1$ $cuz$ $this$ $is$ $alot$ $of$ $work$ $some$ $people$ $dont$ $know$ $alot$ $of$ $this$ $but$ $can$ $any$ $one$ $upload$ $a$ $link$ $for$ $the$ $ipk$ $already$ $made$ $please$ $thank$ $you$
  5. #245  
    No, that is illegal.
    It took me about half an hour to do it. It worked first time. All you need is a rar reading package.
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by thejaredhuang View Post
    I have the IPK made and I installed it via Quick Install. The phone restarts after its done but I can't find the emulator anywhere.
    You have to download it via the app catalog.
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    How did you create your IPK, please?
    Use the ipk tool you are told to download in the instructions post.
    Then point it towards the file/folder as per the instructions and then hit enter or pack or whatever, I'm not near my PC currently.
  8. #248  
    So I'm trying to get Classic working again on my Verizon Pre Plus with 2.1.1 and I'm following Author's post #146 but I don't fined these files in any of the 2.x doctors.
    /usr/lib/palmos/.copyclassicapps.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/.preferences-default
    /usr/lib/palmos/.prepare.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/.uprepare.sh
    Anyone have a suggestion.
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Use the ipk tool you are told to download in the instructions post.
    Then point it towards the file/folder as per the instructions and then hit enter or pack or whatever, I'm not near my PC currently.
    Ok, I started over (yet again) and I am down to the final step: building the IPK. I downloaded Ipk Packager.jar and unzipped it into folder Ipk Packager. I reread every post from #146 on, hoping that there would be fairly explicit instructions on explaining how I am 'point' whatever towards what I am assuming is my 'file/folder'. I've looked over the web pages associated with ipkgBuilder. My problem is that I know absolutely nothing about Java so I have no idea what steps I am supposed to be taking to get class IpkgBuilder to run. Can someone explain this process fairly simply or must I be resigned to waiting until however long it takes me to get through some beginning Java book? Right now, I think that all I need assistance in is how to go about executing the command to run the Packager. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, since as I have said, I know nothing about executing Java.

    Thanks.
  10. #250  
    Will the instruction written in post #146 work on Veer? Or I even can not try to make it work on device with different screen resolution prior to Pre?
  11. cap
    cap is offline
    cap's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #251  
    yeah it works. I have Classic on my Veer.

    The nav buttons and quick launch buttons are changed, but it works pretty well considering.
    Jozz likes this.
  12. #252  
    Ok, so I found a post from 2009 about creating an ipk file. I'll see how far I get with that.
  13. #253  
    So far, I'm only finding references to WebOS 3.0 SDK downloads. Will this one work to create an ipk for a 2.0 app? If not, where can I locate a download for a 2.0 SDK, please?
  14. #254  
    Is there someone out there that would be willing to work with me? Walking me through this step by step, putting up with all of my stupid questions? I cannot follow all of Mr Thorton's instructions because frankly I don't have the knowledge to finish this. Anyone out there willing to put up with my questions?

    OR ... Better yet ...

    Does anyone here work with Progect and PDesk from PalmOS? That is the last thing that I need to get migrated over. PDesk is no longer working on my PC so I can't translate them items I had in it. And, I currently don't have a PalmOS device that I can load Progect onto so that I can open these items. Any suggestions, other than buying a used device, that is?

    Thanks
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    Ok, so I found a post from 2009 about creating an ipk file. I'll see how far I get with that.
    You are making this far too complicated. All you need is in #146. You do not need to know anything about Java.
    When I said "point it at" what I meant was something like File/Open/Ok. The whole process is just a case of moving a few files around and doing very basic File/Menu operations, it's really that simple. No programming knowledge needed.
  16. #256  
    Updated STEPS:

    1) Download the attached ZIP; Extract it; Open the "files" folder;

    And create a new folder and call it

    usr

    create another new folder inside usr & call it

    lib

    create another new folder inside usr & call it

    bin

    create another new folder inside usr & call it

    share

    create another new folder inside share & call it

    dbus-1

    create another new folder inside dbus-1 & call it

    system-services

    create another new folder inside system-services & call it

    com.motionapps.palmos.service

    Go back to the share folder and create another folder inside it called

    ls2

    create another new folder inside ls2 & call it

    roles

    create another new folder inside roles & call it

    prv

    create another new folder inside prv & call it

    com.motionapps.palmos.json

    create another new folder inside lib & call it

    palmos

    create another new folder inside palmos & call it

    rom0

    2) stay in the rom0 folder

    3)Download the Pre/Pre+ 1.4.5 webOS Doctor

    4) Extract the doctors as follows:
    4a) download & install 7zip
    4b) Right click on the 1.4.5 doctor and use 7zip to open the archive.

    5) navigate through the archive to the folder below. (note you will initially see no folders in the doctor just a folder named "..." , click on that folder and continue to /resources/webOS.tar/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs/usr/lib/palmos/rom0/
    5a) copy ROM.bin to the rom0 folder you created earlier
    5b) after ROM.bin is copied go all the way back in this folder until you are in the lib folder you created.

    6) Download the 2.0.1 doctor
    6a) navigate through the archive to the folder below. (note you will initially see no folders in the doctor just a folder named "..." , click on that folder and continue to /resources/webOS.tar/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs/usr/lib

    6c) copy all the files listed in step 6 from this post http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...76#post2901376 and put and file that came from usr/lib in the lib folder you have open.

    Put all files into their corresponding folders you created

    7) Download IPK Packager (Ipk Packager.jar - ipk-packager - Ipk Packager v1.6 - Project Hosting on Google Code), a product of Jason Robitaille
    9) Open IPK Packager, browse to the "files" folder referenced in STEP 1
    10) Package it up, install through WebOS Quick Install

    (DO NOT USE the webOS SDK)

    If it doesn't work: REMEMBER your directory structure. Make sure the above copied files are exactly where they should be (i.e. ROM.bin needs to be in files/usr/lib/palmos/rom0)

    DONATIONS:

    I welcome donations if this helped you in any way. If you wish to donate to me, please also consider donating to Jason Robitaille, because this is based off of the steps he wrote for packaging up Flash and making it run on webOS 2.1-toting Pre+ devices. This also uses a very handy tool created by him, so that's another reason to consider donating to him. Without his tool and great idea for packaging up Flash, you would be installing this by copying files to USB mode and running a BASH file. Please send him a thanks somewhere, even if you cannot donate to him.

    PayPal donation to ArthurThornton: PayPal

    PayPal donation to Jason Robitaille: PayPal Donation to Jason Robitaille




    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by sketch42; 07/25/2011 at 02:25 PM.
  17. #257  
    Updated..

    Also.. If you don't have webOS quick install ..

    Get it here

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...f=244&t=274461


    I hope everything is clearer now..

    Don't know how much more I can help =/

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  18. #258  
    @sketch42: Thanks for the rewrite ... however ... it is on step #7 that I really need the biggest breakdown (I will keep the quick install in mind, though, thanks). Please see the reply to ChasT.

    Thanks ....
    Last edited by mpcollins; 07/24/2011 at 01:58 PM.
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    You are making this far too complicated. All you need is in #146. You do not need to know anything about Java.
    When I said "point it at" what I meant was something like File/Open/Ok. The whole process is just a case of moving a few files around and doing very basic File/Menu operations, it's really that simple. No programming knowledge needed.
    @ChasT: '... far too complicated'. Possibly, however I can't 'just do' what I have no inkling of. Let me see if I can explain. As I have said before in a previous post, I am a mainframer, not a web/server developer. So far, I know C#, barely. I have been referring to Java when it's probably JavaScript. And so on. You guys are brain surgeons (web developers) vs my heart surgery (COBOL mainframe). We know each others basic work but not their particulars.

    One reason that I am not understanding this ipk packager stuff is that I don't understand what is supposed to be accomplished with it. I reviewed the page that I downloaded it from but it doesn't have much of explanation of it's use. When I try to 'open' it as you said, I am only able to 'open' the zipped file. Ok, so when I 'open' it, I find nothing that compiles/builds/whatever within it. Since I don't know what I am supposed to be accomplishing, I am not able to work towards that. Am I supposed to be unzipping/untarring, dragging my built folder and then re-zipping/tarring? Then what? Am I unzipping and then dragging that folder to my device? I understand that I don't drag my newly built ROM folder onto my device, or I wouldn't need the packager. When I investigate the ClassicROMContainer, I understand that one, and I am assuming that it will eventually reside on my device. I am not seeing that structure on my device, probably because it didn't install nor run properly.

    Should I be asking these questions of others? I know that there are at least a couple of others who have asked questions on the forum that just don't understand what is being asked because they don't do that kind of surgery, if any surgery at all outside of alcohol and band-aids (non-programmers). Should we be asking our questions of others that are willing to teach us how to do your type of surgery?

    Thanks ....
    Monica
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    @ChasT: '... far too complicated'. Possibly, however I can't 'just do' what I have no inkling of. Let me see if I can explain. As I have said before in a previous post, I am a mainframer, not a web/server developer. So far, I know C#, barely. I have been referring to Java when it's probably JavaScript. And so on. You guys are brain surgeons (web developers) vs my heart surgery (COBOL mainframe). We know each others basic work but not their particulars.

    One reason that I am not understanding this ipk packager stuff is that I don't understand what is supposed to be accomplished with it. I reviewed the page that I downloaded it from but it doesn't have much of explanation of it's use. When I try to 'open' it as you said, I am only able to 'open' the zipped file. Ok, so when I 'open' it, I find nothing that compiles/builds/whatever within it. Since I don't know what I am supposed to be accomplishing, I am not able to work towards that. Am I supposed to be unzipping/untarring, dragging my built folder and then re-zipping/tarring? Then what? Am I unzipping and then dragging that folder to my device? I understand that I don't drag my newly built ROM folder onto my device, or I wouldn't need the packager. When I investigate the ClassicROMContainer, I understand that one, and I am assuming that it will eventually reside on my device. I am not seeing that structure on my device, probably because it didn't install nor run properly.

    Should I be asking these questions of others? I know that there are at least a couple of others who have asked questions on the forum that just don't understand what is being asked because they don't do that kind of surgery, if any surgery at all outside of alcohol and band-aids (non-programmers). Should we be asking our questions of others that are willing to teach us how to do your type of surgery?

    Thanks ....
    Monica
    All the ipk packager does, is take the folder , with all the subfolders, that you created, and zip them up into a format that the phone understands (which the end result is a file with the extension ipk)



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Posting Permissions