1.    #1  
    So...

Maybe is not directly related do Web OS, but is important to know what is happening in world, to know what DON'T do...

You can read in this link about the problems in iADs from Apple, and what the people think about the abuse in this system:

Original Link

Translation By Google

Resuming: The idea was: pay for app = no have iADs, free app = have iADs. So, now the same app the was selled before is releasing some updates and INCLUDE the ads, same to customers that has payed!!

I really wait that this system don't come to Web OS!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I guess I don't see the problem. Why should someone go to the time and expense of creating a free app for me, with no benefit to themselves.

I should restate: I can see why *some* would (passion for the idea, practice, etc) but not why the best developers, who need to earn a living would.

If I can have an ad for free (with my payment being ads) so be it. If I don't want the ads but want the App, I'll pay. It's great to have a choice.
    no he's stating that even apps you are Paying for are having ads included, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of the ads.

i dont think apple is to blame for this, as this is what the devs are doing, its possible for devs on any system to do this same practice.

the only difference is the visual appeal of apple iAds.. which i have yet to see any myself, but thats not saying much as i dont have any apple products, but aside from the leaf ad what other ads are you seeing?? and where are the placement of the ads
    I still don't see the problem.

Someone makes an app - with or without ads - and I can choose to use it or not, depending (to some more than others) how intrusive/annoying the ads are.

I may choose not to buy an ad like that; someone else, it might not bother them.

That's why iPhone users have 300K+ apps to choose from.

One thing for sure: I don't expect anyone to create an app that has any value to me, to do it for free. When they do (and most of my apps ARE free, some with ads, some without) its a nice surprise, but I sure don't expect it.
    The guy pays for an app. It has no ads and he's happy. Then he sees the app has been updated and applies the update. Now he has ad crap spewed all over his paid app that wasn't there previously. There was likely no indication that the the update to the app would bring in unsolicited advertising. Quite likely the only update to his paid for app is the addition of advertising. He is rightfully angry.

I don't know about iphone OS. But if this happens to you in webOS, you are screwed. No way to go back to the version of the program you paid for that you were happy with. This has happened to me and I've dumped the app that I have paid for.
  6.    #6  
    Finngirl,

I believe that you don't understand...

Imagine this: first, you buy some app and use, ok? So, you can see that there is some update and; after make the up, you that has payed before, have a banner in 1/3 of your screen, because has nothing tolding about the ads before the update... do you agree with this?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I still don't see the problem.

Someone makes an app - with or without ads - and I can choose to use it or not, depending (to some more than others) how intrusive/annoying the ads are.

I may choose not to buy an ad like that; someone else, it might not bother them.

That's why iPhone users have 300K+ apps to choose from.

One thing for sure: I don't expect anyone to create an app that has any value to me, to do it for free. When they do (and most of my apps ARE free, some with ads, some without) its a nice surprise, but I sure don't expect it.
    o i dont expect Free apps either , but i also dont expect to pay for an app that has ads (strewn throughout the app, especially with no prior knowledge of this) as the ads are there to cover costs for the devs. actually i expect free apps to have ads.

But when a dev is charging you money (to recover their costs of dev and the extra for profit) i definitely dont Expect to see ads, and i better have prior knowledge set forth by the dev to indicate that said app has ads , before i buy it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    I don't know about iphone OS. But if this happens to you in webOS, you are screwed. No way to go back to the version of the program you paid for that you were happy with.
    I IPhone OS, too... and you can make backup of your old versions, but gonna be lost about some time, because this old versions gonna be incompatible with the next iOS versions...

Well... let's gonna learn with the others mistake...

Best Regards...
    I get it. Really.

But whether an update is worth it or not is still a decision you make on your own.

lets say your issue with the update was not that it had ads but changed small features you enjoyed (or worse, it now crashes your phone): the same thing applies.

that's why I never install an update, or an app, for that matter, without reading the the reviews. Some people are more adventurous than I.

That said, I have STILL updated an app and found it less useful to me. My bad luck then, as a consumer. I just stop using it then.

(Sure, a decent dev would TELL people that she or he is now including ads. I don't dispute that - whether its a paid app or not. I just don't fault someone for trying to make a buck. I also don't fault a consumer for rejecting their product. )