Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why wasn't HP stealing Apple the show and revealed "ePrint integrated in webOS" before AirPrint for iOS (that only works for HP ePrint Printers for now)?

Missed opportunity to get some webOS advertising !

http://www.slashgear.com/apple-seed-...port-15102508/
    Great question! HP’s ePrint for webOS should have been included in webOS 2.0 and the Palm community should have gotten it before Apple AirPrint for iOS. It seems that HP has not put a lot of effort in supporting or developing for webOS. I hope that the HP applications in the Palm catalog are not an indication of the quality of corporate support we can expect from HP.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Doesn't the ePrint just require an e-mail app? I thought it already works on the Pre.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  4.    #4  
    yes that email-function worked by now for every mobile device, but AirPrint is a printing directly over WiFi integrated into iOS (avail in every app) - first to be working with HP ePrint models.

So if HP ePrinters can manage printing directly over wifi (without email), why not code it into webOS?
  5.    #5  
    perhaps we should again tell palm we want that...

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    yes that email-function worked by now for every mobile device, but AirPrint is a printing directly over WiFi integrated into iOS (avail in every app) - first to be working with HP ePrint models.

So if HP ePrinters can manage printing directly over wifi (without email), why not code it into webOS?
    You would have to be fairly close to the printer for that to work, right?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  7.    #7  
    well you can of course not print at home when your are at work, but if you are in range of your wifi. But i could even think of queuing printjobs in the subway... until you arrive in the range of your wifi, when your phone asks if the jobs schould be printed now.
    for distance printing you could still use email printing.

these features are a must for table devices so a palm pad has to have the ability to print something.

btw there is even a hp printer on apples IOS page: Apple - iOS 4.2 Software Update
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11/23/2010 at 01:57 AM.
    I am curious to see how this all plays out in time.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    to me it seems like HP is making MAJOR gains in connectivity, while apple google and ms are barely doing multitasking. The only issue hp has right now is getting products and services to market. which is where apple is simply flawless at. im keeping my fingers crossed i think HP has a real shot with webos
    HP's printer unit and mobile device units are probably mostly separate. The printer unit needs to earn money for daddy. Why would they not release an iPhone app asap?
    I have a hp web printer and it pretty nice. Sending anything from anywhere to my printer has been so nice and easy, plus the picture printing app hp has is great. pictures get to printer and print almost instantly.

Evo-lution
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Why wasn't HP stealing Apple the show and revealed "ePrint integrated in webOS" before AirPrint for iOS (that only works for HP ePrint Printers for now)?
    Do you mean at the Presentation? According to the tech sites, they couldn't get it to work and it kept printing half a page or nothing at all.
    So I was looking at the HP printer site and came across the E-Station All-in-One Printer with a 7" touchscreen, that is removeable. Could the Opal replace this and all of the E-print apps run through it? If this is the case, I would choose this over the 9.7" TouchPad. What do you all think?

Here is my list:

Pre3
    Hp printer with Webos 7" Zeen
    12" Touchsmart laptop/tablet with Dualboot(Win7/WebOS)
    I have one of the printers and you need the app. Without the app it only seems to print the header of the email you send to it. But, if you send an email through Outlook, it prints the whole email and any attachments. That's what the app should allow.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    hhm seems the iOS version is out now:HP unleashes iOS ePrint app, proves it still rules wireless printing -- Engadget Mobile

where is the HP webos version of this app?

That is ridiculous! How can they release the App for iOS before webOS? I don't understand this move at all.
    Well I'm kind of working on an ePrint for webOS app....
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/27/2011 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    List of printers that support ePrint:

ePrint and Print App supported printers - HP Support Forum
    3. HP ePrint Enterprise requires Internet- and email-capable BlackBerry® smartphone OS 4.5 or newer, iPhone® 3G or newer running iOS 4.2 or later, HP webOS device running webOS 1.45 or 2.0, or Android® device running version 2.1 or newer, with separately purchased wireless Internet service, HP ePrint Enterprise server software, and HP ePrint services app. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3, and PCL3GUI printers (HP and non-HP). BlackBerry requires BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) deployment. HP webOS app available October, 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast