1.    #1  
    Just to preface, I've looked around a bit and done some searching to find a solution to this error, but I haven't come upon one. I'll be honest, I didn't spend a ton of time looking however I don't blog much so I feel like I'm not really searching effectively.

Here's my issue:

I have a sprint palm pixi. I wanted to put webOS on it, so I got online, went through all the steps, I have the homebrew app installed on my phone and I made sure to follow all of those too. Java is updated, my phone is updated, and I am running Windows 7 by the way. When I open the webOS install, it first says I need WebOS Doctor, so I click yes to let it download that but it gets an error message right after that which reads:

ERROR: java.io.FileNotFoundException: htttp://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p100eww/webdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar

and then it doesn't let me continue. I cant get past this. I have tried getting past this by downloading Doctor ahead of time like it says you can do and putting it in the same folder, but I cant seem to find a link to Doctor for sprint that still works, the ones on this forum are dead.

EDIT:

Yeah I'm an *****. I meant preware or whatever. The file name WebOSQuickInstall threw me off. The problem is I keep getting that error right when I try to install it. Currently I am installing doctor, hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks to all for the prompt responses.
    Last edited by wreckleague; 11/22/2010 at 12:28 AM.
    webOS is the operating system on your phone, so you already have that. It sounds like you are trying to install Preware. You can get the proper version of webOS doctor here. Webos Doctor Versions
    Make sure your phone is in dev mode.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Hi weckleague,

Not sure what you mean by wanting to install webOS on your phone as that is the OS of the phone right out of the box. I take it that you mean you want to install a fresh copy, or a newer version?

First off, make sure your device is in developer mode.

Then, the easiest way to doctor your phone if you are new to webOS, is to simply follow the step-by-step directions on the Palm website. You will be prompted to download the Doctor from the Palm website (you will need your device serial number). Then it will take you through the steps.

BUT... if you're not actually meaning webOS, but really meant you want to install Preware in order to play with patches and Homebrew, you will need to follow the directions found here: webOS Internals Preware
    OP, what exactly are you trying to do? Install Preware to your phone? We need some more info.
  5.    #5  
    I edited my post, see above
    1. Go here (Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals) and download the most recent WebOS Doctor for your phone.

2. Put the Doctor file in the same folder as 'WebOSQuickInstall.jar'

3. Run WebOS Quick Install.

4. In WebOS Quick Install, go to File>Options. Click the 'Attempt Novacom (re)installation' button.

5. On your phone, type "webos20090606" while you're at the home screen. A Developer Mode icon will pop up. Tap the icon and turn Dev Mode 'On'. You phone will reboot.

6. Once your phone is done rebooting, connect it to your PC via USB cable. You should be all set up now.

To install Preware:

7. In WOSQI, click the button with the blue down arrow. A window will pop up.

8. Click the drop-down menu box and select the WebOS-Internals Feed (Pixi).

9. Check the box next to Preware and then click the big 'Download' button.

10. Once it downloads, click 'Close'

11. Back at the main WOSQI window, click the 'Install' button.
    Ok... cool... if you are running a Windows 7 computer, sometimes the Novacom drivers give you a hard time on initial installation. But running the Doctor is like nuke-ing a village because the streets got dirty (overkill).

But in your original post above, you said you are getting the following error
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckleague View Post
    ERROR: java.io.FileNotFoundException: htttp://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p100eww/webdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    This has to do with webOS Doctor and not webOSQuickInstall - which means you are running the wrong application.

To install Preware, follow the easy directions RIGHT HERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Ok... cool... if you are running a Windows 7 computer, sometimes the Novacom drivers give you a hard time on initial installation. But running the Doctor is like nuke-ing a village because the streets got dirty (overkill).

But in your original post above, you said you are getting the following error
    This has to do with webOS Doctor and not webOSQuickInstall - which means you are running the wrong application.

To install Preware, follow the easy directions RIGHT HERE.
    It sounds like OP is trying to get WOSQI running. He doesn't have the right Doctor in the same folder though. WOSQI is trying to download the Doctor for him, but can't seem to find it.

That's what I think is going on here lol
    Ahh... you are probably correct. I forgot that it prompts you if you don't have the Doctor in the same folder when you run it. Meh... I'm going to bed - I'm losing it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It sounds like OP is trying to get WOSQI running. He doesn't have the right Doctor in the same folder though. WOSQI is trying to download the Doctor for him, but can't seem to find it.

That's what I think is going on here lol
    Yup, thats what I was doing. I got it to work when I downloaded another quickinstall and ran it. Now it seems to be stuck though. I went through everything and I am at the point now where preware just finished downloading and I tried to install it but it gave me some message or error or something and now is saying "connecting to device..." and has been for about ten minutes. I plugged my pixi in and said "just charge" like it said so I dunno whats going on.
  11.    #11  
    Ive tried closing and opening it and then hitting install a few times. Each time I get the same thing, it says no device found or something like that and then it says connecting... and then I have to open up the taskbar and end it because I cant get it to close otherwise.
    Make sure that your phone is in Developer Mode.
    ahh yes.... sharing is caring here

My Themes:CLICK HERE