Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Here are some of the video clips I shot with my HD video camera during WebOS Dev Day in NYC this weekend.

Entire Playlist:
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Hardware Accelerated CSS Transforms:

Palm Pre 2 Giveaway:

Enyo Email Demo:

Rod Whitby swaps radios on Palm Pre 2:
    Part 1:
    Part 2:
    Part 3:
    Part 4:
    Part 5:
    Part 6:

edit: Added some photos to my Flickr account> http://www.flickr.com/photos/2546583...7625449195788/
    Last edited by rlopin; 11/22/2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added photos url
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Here are some of the video clips I shot with my HD video camera during WebOS Dev Day in NYC this weekend.

Enyo Email Demo:
    This one won't play, it says "this video is private."
    and part 5 rwitby is also private
    webosroundup has a bunch of videos if you guys are interested
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    One of the vids was indeed private but all of the others were already public. It looks like the videos don't turn public immediately. Please try again and thank you for giving me the heads up.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Yo Rob, what up! I watched the Pre 2 Giveaway Video. I was right behind you & Jeff in the video. That giveaway was Epic! Free Pre 2's for everyone. I can't wait until they work all the kinks out of the Pre Minus/Pre 2 mod.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Hey Faheem! That was a great moment. I didn't see you back there -- you had one big ear-to-ear grin! How are Flash sites working out for you? I have had about 80% success. Some sites (e.g., gameninja.com) keep getting stuck in an infinite loop when trying to play Flash.
    Is that a keg of beer behind Whitby? I'm gaining more respect for you every day Rod!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Enyo Email Demo:

Thanks for this! Btw, anyone know if Palm put up hi-res screenshots of Enyo examples?
    Hey Faheem! That was a great moment. I didn't see you back there -- you had one big ear-to-ear grin! How are Flash sites working out for you? I have had about 80% success. Some sites (e.g., gameninja.com) keep getting stuck in an infinite loop when trying to play Flash.

Yeah, I was definitely happy. I haven't tried it out on too many sites. The flash sites I did visit were mostly ads, and they worked fine. I haven't tried any flash games yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Yeah, I was definitely happy. I haven't tried it out on too many sites. The flash sites I did visit were mostly ads, and they worked fine. I haven't tried any flash games yet.

Hey Faheem, good to meet you at Dev Day!

send me a PM if you want that shield
    There are four lights.
    I really appreciate these videos.

Thanks -
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Is that a keg of beer behind Whitby? I'm gaining more respect for you every day Rod!
    Yes, it was a beer keg. There were a bunch when we came in on Sat. morning, not sure if they were from the Friday event...

After the morning sessions, I saw a crowd near the kegs, thought, why not, but got there and saw the real reason was Rod hacking the Pre... Cool. Better than beer (though why not combine both?).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Yes, it was a beer keg. There were a bunch when we came in on Sat. morning, not sure if they were from the Friday event...

After the morning sessions, I saw a crowd near the kegs, thought, why not, but got there and saw the real reason was Rod hacking the Pre... Cool. Better than beer (though why not combine both?).

Yeah, the Keg's were from Friday evening. It really was an awesome weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Yeah, the Keg's were from Friday evening. It really was an awesome weekend.
    So this was a kegger disguised as a developer event?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dohtem View Post
    Thanks for this! Btw, anyone know if Palm put up hi-res screenshots of Enyo examples?
    It was my pleasure. I don't know of any hi-res photos but I shot the videos at 1080p. You can go to the video on YouTube and select 1080p in the bottom right hand corner of the video player. Go full screen and do a screen grab.

Here is one I just captured from the Enyo email app demo: Enyo Email Screenshot | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    GPU acceleration? F*** yeargh! I can't wait for 2.0!
    Quote Originally Posted by dohtem View Post
    So this was a kegger disguised as a developer event?
    lol, they had free beer & food for everyone after the workshops on Friday.