Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You like?

OLD NOW:

MODIFIED COLORS:
    Last edited by Jakeeeee; 11/22/2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I like it! It's very clean and the colors go well with each other.

It could use a little more of that blue... Like somewhere in the dividers or something.
  3.    #3  
    How do I change the dividers? :S I really want to... or at least the font colors on the divider. One of those 2. Also can I change the fade image opacity?? It stands out too much when the background isn't white.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  4.    #4  
    lol so in the messaging.css There's a comment under .messageTextWidget

/* We need a different way to limit the max height so that this is compatible across devices with different screen sizes*/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    lol so in the messaging.css There's a comment under .messageTextWidget

/* We need a different way to limit the max height so that this is compatible across devices with different screen sizes*/
    Yea, I've come across many odd/random/funny comments in the code lol.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, I've come across many odd/random/funny comments in the code lol.
    But yeah is there a way to change the opacity of the scroll fade in CSS, or will I have to do it manually? And how do I change the divider widget color?
    But yeah is there a way to change the opacity of the scroll fade in CSS, or will I have to do it manually? And how do I change the divider widget color?
    Let me go check it out real quick and I'll post back with a solution. The divider widget style is set in the global files, so you can't change it from the messaging app css. You need to copy the global class name to messaging.css and then edit it. That way, it will override whatever is set globally.
    Oh ok. The Messaging app sets it's own divider styles. You can find them at line 1137.

You can set the 'username' and 'date' text color seperately by adding "color: #ffffff;" to these two classes:
    Code:
    .date-stamp-label .label.username {
    		-webkit-box-flex: 1;
    }

.date-stamp-label .label.date {

}
    Change "ffffff" to whatever color you want...
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I like it, but I would like to see whiter text. I have been looking for a dark theme for the messaging app.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I like it, but I would like to see whiter text. I have been looking for a dark theme for the messaging app.
    It's not easy to get a dark theme. There are so many system wide images and fades used in the messaging app... you end up having to modify and scrim and add CSS to the messaging app in so many place it gets really messy otherwise you're left with white fades mixing in really ugly ways, and the text never looks quite right.

I've made some attempts, but mine isn't as clean as Jakeeee's..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    @Jakeeeee.... very nice looking!

@aramova... I like that last one!
    @ Jakee ... Maybe blur out the phone number in the screenshot, you're on a public forum btw

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I actually like the text the way it is. White text would stand out too much. That's just my own personal opinion though...
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    @ Jakee ... Maybe blur out the phone number in the screenshot, you're on a public forum btw

Good catch Sketch! I deleted the image for that reason. OP can edit the post to repost the image once it is blurred.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Good catch Sketch! I deleted the image for that reason. OP can edit the post to repost the image once it is blurred.
    ... We need a report posts button in forums beta.. !

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yeah sorry I was doing it all from my phone/Forums beta so I didn't have an option, I'll fix it.

aramova: I REALLY like that last one. I'm going to make a few changes to my current and post a new screenshot.
  17.    #17  

Don't worry you don't have my phone number to see ;P
    (I wish the phone took high res screen caps, it looks so blurry :/)
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Ok that third one with the date/time stamp in the bubble looks great and adds functionality I have not seen in a patch. Is it in preware? Otherwise, I would gladly pay for that!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Ok that third one with the date/time stamp in the bubble looks great and adds functionality I have not seen in a patch. Is it in preware? Otherwise, I would gladly pay for that!
    It's something I did. There are patches to make an option to change it, but I made those colors. If you want to use the images that I made, I'll gladly give them to you. Also guys I'm thinking about changing the 'Received' text color to something else. Any ideas? I liked the pink aramova did.

Don't worry you don't have my phone number to see ;P
    (I wish the phone took high res screen caps, it looks so blurry :/)
    Do you have the process in written form to get this look?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast