1.    #1  
    Is it just me or is this new facebook email system, where it combines your emails, texts, instant messaging, contacts...everything...awfully similar to what webos accomplishes? I mean it is essentially the same thing with access available over the net and most likely as an app on all phones. I would sue if I was HP, there has got to be an infringement somewhere. Look slike zuckerberg is at it again stealing ideas and then profiting off of someone elses work. <deleted by Mod>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/15/2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: inappropriate comment
    Quote Originally Posted by ambrosij View Post
    Is it just me or is this new facebook email system, where it combines your emails, texts, instant messaging, contacts...everything...awfully similar to what webos accomplishes?
    I'm pretty sure it's just you.

I mean it is essentially the same thing with access available over the net and most likely as an app on all phones. I would sue if I was HP, there has got to be an infringement somewhere. Look slike zuckerberg is at it again stealing ideas and then profiting off of someone elses work. <deleted by Mod>
    LMAO! (and I rarely use those letters!)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/15/2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Most everything is derivative of something someone else is doing, there is not a whole lot which is new out there. It is mostly tweaks and improvements on existing concepts. And the company which best markets itself is the one who (in popular opinion) will get credit for innovation. Microsoft used to be a master at doing this.

The way you keep concepts associated with your brand is by keeping yourself and your products squarely in the public eye. This is where HP is going to have a challenge, even if it's new hardware is solid and reliable. They are allowing whatever was considered to be a fresh take by Palm to be eroded away by other manufacturers who have had almost 2 years to 'one-up' them.
    Cloud computing has been around for years and it was not invented by Palm. Fujitsu, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, IBM, VMware and Dell all have very active cloud computing programs.

Palm did introduce synergy to mobile computing but the concept of data integration using synergy is also a spinoff of computer the industry data integration between different database management systems using Data-Centric Systems and Applications.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  5.    #5  
    Not-yet-pre while your input is, I am sure, incredibly accurate and very intelligent...man you are boring...how about throwing some emotion in there...maybe a flame or two...why did the Mod delete the funniest part of my post..because it has the word HELL lol really dude...I simply stated that undoubtedly Mark Zuckerberg will be getting poked in the behind by a super heated pitch fork right next to Bill Gates and Steve Jobs...doesnt matter how much good deeds you do, if you got that kind of money yur path is fixed lol...god read a book or somethin...haha

I still think they should sue his ***, we dont respect intellectual property at all anymore and that is a shame.
    Not-yet-pre while your input is, I am sure, incredibly accurate and very intelligent...man you are boring...how about throwing some emotion in there...maybe a flame or two...why did the Mod delete the funniest part of my post..because it has the word HELL lol really dude...I simply stated that undoubtedly Mark Zuckerberg will be getting poked in the behind by a super heated pitch fork right next to Bill Gates and Steve Jobs...doesnt matter how much good deeds you do, if you got that kind of money yur path is fixed lol...god read a book or somethin...haha

I still think they should sue his ***, we dont respect intellectual property at all anymore and that is a shame.
    What is funny is that – technical evolution is often mistaken for intellectual property.
    Some one is always first with an idea or practice that is innovative but that does not define ownership. Using what is successful and discarding what doesn’t work, is growth not invention.

It is also laughable that some members of the user community feel the need to evangelize on the innovation of others. Use of synergy or cloud computing or applications simply makes one a user, not an advocate or protector of those concepts.

What gives you the right to damn Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs for adopting the same practices in technology that others are successfully using in their products? There was nothing innovative about the iPhone – it was just a combination of technologies that already existed that was repackaged and marketed well.

What I find boring are people who post just to try to create a “flame or two”. I guess some people aren’t satisfied until they have all the flies in the air.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I listen to nightly news as a podcast. I'm listening to yesterdays now. This got nightly news converage "email + instant messaging + text"

you need 500 million users for mainstream coverage