Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    how can I check what's wrong?
    I installed MHS. I can login in but no internet.
    What I must say is that I do not use 3G, only EDGE, because the difference between my carrier 3G MHz (here we use 2100 MHz) and Pre's Hardware. So I disabled 3G.
    So I'm confused if I did something wrong when installing (or missing something) or it will not work with EDGE.
    When connected my netbook says something about IP:10.1.1.50.

Thanks,
    What process did you follow to put MHS on ur phone (what all did you install along with MHS)?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What process did you follow to put MHS on ur phone (what all did you install along with MHS)?
    Hi NachoB
    I did exactly (I think...) as you PM me:
    Installed in this order
    Mobile HotSpot
    Auto-Enable IP Forwarding
    freetetherd

reboot phone.
    Bluetooth is turned off and you're allowing about 20-60 seconds for your 3G connection to re establish itself after you connect to the hotspot?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #5  
    Bluetooth is turned off and I'm waiting but as I said I do not use 3G. I can't because in my country 3G is 2100 MHz and my Palm is from USA with only 1900 MHz. So I disabled 3G and only use 2G, EDGE, with my phone. So this is the question: is it installed right or not / or it will not work because I only use EDGE and not 3G.
    Oh yeah, forgot.

Is this the Auto Enable IP Forwarding patch you installed to go along with MHS 1.1.4? http://forums.precentral.net/2702687-post79.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  7.    #7  
    Humm not sure because when you send me a PM it was written:
    Patch to Auto-Enable IP Forwarding (for MHS 1.1.4):
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2702687
    so I did not find it because of the "..."

so I searched, and searched..., until I found this "Patch..."; not sure if it is the same. I will have to check it.
    Yeah, it was just brought to my attention about the corrupt link to the patch, so I thought I'd check.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  9.    #9  
    I installed version 1.3.5.1-2 and this is the version 1.4.5-1.
    Is this the problem?
    Yeah, because 1.3.5.1-2 isn't compatible with MHS 1.1.4. So uninstall the patch, and maybe even MHS just to be safe. Reinstall MHS 1.1.4 and the 1.4.5-1 patch (in that order). You can leave freetetherd installed.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  11.    #11  
    No luck.
    Removed everything. Rebooted. Installed again in order. Rebooted again. Bluetooth disabled.
    MHS says device connected but no internet.

BTW
    #1 when I opened the patch it was written 1.3.5.1-2 but when I removed it it was written 1.4.5-2 (and not 1.4.5-1; the last file from the last link).
    #2 when I opened MHS my old MHS' Network Info was still there. It did not "clear" from the uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot procedure. Can this be another problem?
    I'm at a loss at this point. The MHS description in the app catalog states it requires a fast data connection, so maybe the fact that you're not on 3G is the issue. Somebody else will have to chime in with their non 3G experience with MHS.
    I'm having the same MHS problem. It will connect to the laptop,but no Internet.
    I found that when I turn on the hotspot and connect to my laptop it is not instantaneous. After connecting to the computer through the hotspot wait about 1 min then try to connect to the internet even if it says there is no connection.

If that does not work:

Try connecting to the computer thru the hotspot...then open and go to freetether and move ipforwarding from enable to disable and then back to enable.
    This should work
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    go to freetether and move ipforwarding from enable to disable and then back to enable.
    This should work
    Humm am I missing something? I do not have any freetether icon after installation. How can I open it?
    go to preware and download freetether. You
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    go to preware and download freetether. You
    I think I installed freetether... at least I download a file I think it was and installed from wqi.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot.

Is this the Auto Enable IP Forwarding patch you installed to go along with MHS 1.1.4? http://forums.precentral.net/2702687-post79.html
    Thanks I didn't know what the issue was but that fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Humm am I missing something? I do not have any freetether icon after installation. How can I open it?
    Bumping... Is freetetherd like an app with an icon to launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Bumping... Is freetetherd like an app with an icon to launch?
    freetetherd is a service for Mobile Hotspot
    freetether is an application. They're both searchable in Preware. Just start typing at the main app scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast