Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i don't see why so called pre-users are so are so against having all the app options other platforms have.
    I think some like to either pretend they don't care or just say they don't care when they do. I could say I don't care about having all those app options and that most of them are garbage but in reality, I'm envious. I would LOVE to be able to see so many different apps for whatever my needs are. I don't know about other app markets, but it is always disheartening when the new apps are either soundboards or how to book apps.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    WhatsApp messenger is a smartphone to smartphone messenger currently available for iPhone, BlackBerry and Nokia phones only. The application utilizes push notifications to instantly get messages from friends, colleagues and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages at no cost. All features are included in our base price without the need for extra in-application purchases.

WHY USE WHATSAPP VS. OTHER SOLUTIONS:

* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.

* MMS: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends. (iPhone 3GS required to send and save video)

* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.

* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.

* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.

* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list. (You can of course always edit Favorites any way you like)

* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.

* STATUS: Use the status feature of WhatsApp to inform your contacts if you are busy, in a meeting, at the gym, or available for a chat.

* AND MUCH MORE: Share location, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Precise message time stamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and MMS to many contacts at once and much much more!

________

Guys! Don't you think this app is superior to other IM app/platforms?

I especially like the fact that it uses the phone number instead of a username.
    i don't see why so called pre-users are so are so against having all the app options other platforms have.
    I don't know, why are you so against proper capitalization and grammar? :\

Anyone, no one is against more apps. At least I'm not. More apps are great. But we should also measure how useful these apps we want are (do we just want them because the other people have them?) and the reality of them appearing. User uprise is not going make Sprint carry the Pre 2 and the success with developers is practically nil. We are not anyone's priority...porting to Android is. And before anyone says Angry Birds, remember Palm cut them a practically guaranteed $110,000 check from Hot Apps.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I don't know, why are you so against proper capitalization and grammar? :\

Anyone, no one is against more apps. At least I'm not. More apps are great. But we should also measure how useful these apps we want are (do we just want them because the other people have them?) and the reality of them appearing. User uprise is not going make Sprint carry the Pre 2 and the success with developers is practically nil. We are not anyone's priority...porting to Android is. And before anyone says Angry Birds, remember Palm cut them a practically guaranteed $110,000 check from Hot Apps.
    because this is a internet forum not an English 101 final exam. But before you start criticizing other people's grammer maybe you should correct your own bad grammer like your following statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Anyone, no one is against more apps.
    Nobody suggested an "uprising" in any way. The original post and topic of discussion is about petitioning to get big name companies to make apps for webos. Now personally, i think you should contact the companies individually not Palm cause i don't think Palm can do much more unless it pays them but that's beside the point. The act of petitioning isn't an uprising. It's organizing. It's not protesting. It's making a request. It is also not about getting Sprint to have the Pre 2 as you seem to think. That's not even mentioned in the original post. Also there are plenty of people that object to any statement of dissatisfaction with the current state of the app catalog. They like the app catalog the way it is. They like that the new apps are usually stuff like Snooki soundboards and calculators and pictures for the Montreal Subway system. They are thrilled with WebOS being a niche tech geek phone that everyone doesn't have. But honestly with that attitude, WebOS doesn't deserve the the support of big name companies. And they are so defensive against any criticism that they reject a halfway decent idea to demostrate that WebOS has some users that would use a product if a company made it. Maybe if they didn't spend so much time swarming meaningless polls to skew results and instead swarmed the Netflix product developers inbox they'd have a netflix app. Or Hulu, Or whatever people want. I still maintain the spirit of the original post, to organize users, on a productive focused goal is a good thing.
    Omg, I made a typo. Don't be pedantic and miss the point. It is nothing in comparison to your multiude of uncapitalized wall of text posts. It is just an internet forum, but if you want people to read your posts, make them readable.

Continuing to miss the point is you arguing that no one mentioned the Pre 2, when I brought up the Pre 2 to illustrate how user demand rarely works...just like it isn't with devs.

I REPEAT:

Netflix does not support Linux. It WILL NOT support webOS (miniscule compared to Linux) especially since webOS is built on Linux the same as Android and Netflix has already complained about the lack of cohesive DRM options on Android.

Storming elitist devs who refuse to leave the iPhone because there is no money to be made in webOS will not work. So get an iPhone. It's not being defensive, it's reality. It's business. But please, organize, knowing that Angry Birds was downloaded 1 million times in 6 days on the iPhone. That is, half of Palm's userbase. Number of webOS downloads? 41, 377 downloads (including repeat downloads) in two months.
    Plenty of people read my posts. You did. But guess what? I'm not reading past the first paragraph of yours cause you're talking nonsense. But i'll leave you with this. I couldn't give a **** about my grammer punctuation spellingggg tttttyyypooos or runon sentences on a webforum. Your post had bad grammer too. You got caught talking **** about something you were guilty of. Sorry. Deal with it. Move on.
    Ah yes, exactly the dismissive stance one takes when you realize your arguments are weak. Netflix? Fact. Angry Bird downloads? Fact. But yes, call them nonsense. I'm not surprised or offended, simply amused.
    ESPN Radio app.
    Fruit Ninja!!!
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    skype chat and whatsapp integrated in synergy 2.0 with stacked cards per conversation would be great.

a real navigation app (navigon), or at least a big update on google maps.

Professional HP apps like iLO Server monitoring and console viewer and ePrint over wifi.

[update]
    ShopSavvy to scan product barcodes and search for online prices automagically

KeePass for saving passwords and sharing with the desktop version
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11/23/2010 at 04:07 AM.
    Must have apps for webos devices-palm pre plus-palm pre 2, etc.:

SHAZAM

AGENDA ONE (from DeveloperOne.com)-although it still is only available for Windows Pocket PCs (iPAQs, etc.)

RED LINE (or similar bar code scanner). Also the webos devices should have an autofocus camera for this.

GOOGLE GOGGLES

I do not yet have a smart phone, but I wish that there would be enough requests for these apps that the app developers would consider developing them for webos devices. Without these apps available for webos devices, my consideration will be confined to the iPhone and Android devices.
    For the UK;

BBC iPlayer for webOS
    Sky Player for webOS
    Sky+ remote record for webOS
    SatNav with UK and EU road maps
    Ogg vorbis playback support
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Netflix instant streaming, fruit ninja, and hulu plus

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    sygic for navigation, whatsapp, skype, fring, agenda, facetime, blackberry connect/messenger (cmon Palm..they stole your UI..that'll shake 'em up!), and most definitely callrec...i'm surprised no one mentioned it...
  15.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    sygic for navigation, whatsapp, skype, fring, agenda, facetime, blackberry connect/messenger (cmon Palm..they stole your UI..that'll shake 'em up!), and most definitely callrec...i'm surprised no one mentioned it...
    Skype is coming. Be patient.

Blackberry Connect aint gonna happen, Palm learned their lesson with the iTunes Hack.

Agenda is available in Preware. With the Ubercalender patch, it links to the calendar nicely.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234