1.    #1  
    im getting flash video to work sometimes on my 1.4.5 webos sprint pre. sometimes it doesnt work, sometimes just audio. sometimes some video. according to my laptop, these videos are flash. im recording it now, and ill post a video. http://online.wsj.com/home-page
    I just tried this myself and hes right flash is working on that website
    yea it does, weird
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    this must be some type of stream associated with the flash. I don't get it.
  5.    #5  
    I'll post vid if I can figure out my laptop webcam lol
    Halfway works on my Pixi Plus too.
    They have an HTML5 layer that the video is playing from.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer325 View Post
    They have an HTML5 layer that the video is playing from.
    yeah like I thought it had to be some type of stream related to the flash that our phones recognized and played.
    It's acting like that html5 video test that was posted way back when. I suspect it's alternate content and not Flash video. It's been stated that the Pixi will not get Flash.

I should have refreshed the thread after watching the video.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  10.    #10  
    stupid thing didnt record audio. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10761614

btw, this was death for my battery
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 11/10/2010 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Yeah it's just html5 when viewing on phone.

Interesting that you say terrible battery performance,

If it's that observable it would make sense Flash isn't as bad on the battery as claimed, but the content in general.
    Good find mate. I posted about it on webosroundup -the solution has been found however, and it's proven to be HTML5 - Zhephree explains it in detail in the comments section at the bottom.

Flash Might Run (Badly) on 1.4.5 – Including Pixi? | webOSroundup

"Checked the source. They're using the Dojo JavaScript library. It tries to embed the Flash player, if it fails, then it tries to create an HTML5 <video> object. It then tests the video object to see what format it can play (mp4 or ogg). Depending on the browser's response, it assigns the right stream.

So, basically, WSJ has their videos encoded in three formats: FLV for Flash, MP4 for Safari, Chrome, and some Opera versions, and OGG for Firefox and Konquerer.

No magic, just HTML5. The video displays poorly on our phone's browser because our version of WebKit isn't 100% HTML-compliant. (Well, no browser is, but our version of webkit isn't the best at it)"
  13.    #13  
    thanks errade for the coverage, and zhephree for the details. @alex.dobeck, might be that I tried playing it a few times before successfully recording the video.

for the sake of the pixi than, I do hope that apple(devices) and google(web initiatives) push web video to html5.

hopefully it turns out less resource hungry than flash
    Try TED: Ideas worth spreading or ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports
    you can watch their videos. Don't think it's flash though.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    for the sake of the pixi than, I do hope that apple(devices) and google(web initiatives) push web video to html5.

hopefully it turns out less resource hungry than flash
    Oh, HTML5 is far less resource intensive than Flash on any platform and any type of device -- especially when it comes to power drain.