1.    #1  
    Hey all, figure it's about time I turn to you for help.

I have a coworker that I hooked onto webOS and he's run into a strange problem that has left me confuddled: he can load web pages from bookmarks, pull down data through various other apps, but can't get to any unbookmarked webpage (e.g. launching a Google search from Universal Search). Any such attempt is met with a gray screen and a perpetually-spinning refresh icon.

We've tried toggling Airplane Mode, restarting the device, a Java restart, and clearing out the browser's history, cookies, and cache (worth a shot). No dice.

The relevants: this is all over EVDO on a Sprint Pre running webOS 1.4.5. There has been some patching, but nothing that should affect the radio or browser.

Thoughts?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I'm on Sprint also and have never had that problem. Does he have the MultiMod patch?
    My only thought is that maybe some patch might be affecting it. I would launch Preware and update the Saved Sackage List, run EPR and see if it works without the patches. If that's not the problem they can be easily restored by going back to the Saved Package List and install packages.
    Last edited by vza33; 11/09/2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Thought
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Hey all, figure it's about time I turn to you for help.

I have a coworker that I hooked onto webOS and he's run into a strange problem that has left me confuddled: he can load web pages from bookmarks, pull down data through various other apps, but can't get to any unbookmarked webpage (e.g. launching a Google search from Universal Search). Any such attempt is met with a gray screen and a perpetually-spinning refresh icon.

We've tried toggling Airplane Mode, restarting the device, a Java restart, and clearing out the browser's history, cookies, and cache (worth a shot). No dice.

The relevants: this is all over EVDO on a Sprint Pre running webOS 1.4.5. There has been some patching, but nothing that should affect the radio or browser.

Thoughts?
    I'm running Evdo also on my Sprint palm pre and have never encounter such problems before. Have your friend remove and replace the battery from the phone.(Hard Reset) If problem persist then run a webos doctor on the device that should definitely fix that issue thus, reverting the phone back to all factory settings. www.palm.com/Rom.

Best of luck,
  4.    #4  
    RUSH, Sir, you got it. Yanking the battery did it, much to my befuddlement. Thanks for the assist!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    if all else fails just yank tha battery !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->