Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    from LifeHacker:

iOS: Skyfire is an alternate web browser for the iPhone that lets you play back Flash videos on your iPhone. It's also a great all-around tabbed web browser.

Skyfire isn't newóit's already available for Android, Windows Mobile, and Symbian phonesóbut this is the first time the app made its way through the App Store approval process. Skyfire's marquee feature: It transcodes Flash video that isn't natively playable on the iPhone and streams it to your device in a format it can play. You can see that in action in the demo above.

Apart from all that Flash hullabaloo, Skyfire is also an all-around great alternate browser. It supports private browsing, user agent switching (so you can fool sites into thinking you're using a different browser when you want), and an interesting related content tool. Skyfire is a $2 download from the iTunes App Store. If the Flash piece isn't all that important to you, check out the $1 Atomic Browser, our favorite alternate iPhone browser.

Skyfire for iPhone

Skyfire 2.0 for iPhone | Skyfire
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    opps, I think I posted this in the wrong thread, sorry, oh, neeewwwwmmmaaann, would you please move it to the "cross platform", or "other OS's" thread, please. ;-)

...or, I could just add a stupid rant, like: "See, iOS now can play Flash, why cant webOS do the same!" ...there now it can stay... ;-) (but, should probably be moved anyway, I'd rather have battery life over Flash on my Phone. HTML5 FTW!
    I wonder if it'll be pulled frm the app store later. Maybe after battery life complaints?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    It was pulled by Skyfire because too many people on iOS killed the company's servers. I can't even play with Skyfire with my Treo Pro anymore because of the overload. Web OS please get popular half as much as iOS.
    Skyfire pulled the app, not apple. Just wanted to reiterate that.
    I downloaded SkyFire on my iPod Touch during one of the windows when it was available. I'm loving it, but it does suck the battery something fierce.
    WebOS can do that, with 2.0. No transcoding needed, no traffic through some third-party servers needed, just straight-up flash. However, some of those other features would be nice, like private browsing and user-agent switching. Is there a patch for that?