Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I've utilized some of the homebrew patches and apps and have thoroughly enjoyed them, however I do not consider myself an expert by any means. You folks make it too easy.

My question then is prior to loading webOS 2.0 are there any special things we should do to our phones prior to loading the pending update? Thanks.
    Not really. I usually dont do anything, and I have no problems. (maybe remove themes if you update OTA.
    Last edited by RUSH; 11/07/2010 at 09:12 AM.
    personally I will go back to stock beforehand, just so I can really give 2.0 a chance to sink in to my brain. Of course I will overclock the instant that is available!

the homebrew devs will publish info on which patches need to be removed before 2.0 comes out.

in any case, themes need to be removed
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Not really. I usually don't do anything, and I have no problems. (maybe remove themes if you update OTA.
    that only means you didn't have any of the patches we were told to remove and you got lucky.

everyone should be assuming stuff wil need to be removed and wait for the devs to post the list.

with such a major upgrade, the list could be long. Also, many of the current patches won't be needed for 2.0 such as adding/naming launcher pages.
    there will most likely be an updated list of patches that need to be removed,but most are safe to keep. Themes are a must uninstall before update.
    hey,cantaffordit,thats something I forgot with this particular update,many of the patches may not even be needed anymore. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that only means you didn't have any of the patches we were told to remove and you got lucky.

everyone should be assuming stuff wil need to be removed and wait for the devs to post the list.

with such a major upgrade, the list could be long. Also, many of the current patches won't be needed for 2.0 such as adding/naming launcher pages.
    I guess I was lucky.. right now I'm running patchless.(only overclocked kernel)
    personally I will go back to stock beforehand, just so I can really give 2.0 a chance to sink in to my brain. Of course I will overclock the instant that is available!

the homebrew devs will publish info on which patches need to be removed before 2.0 comes out.

in any case, themes need to be removed
    That thread that listed patches that needed to be uninstalled before updateing to 1.4.5 still holds true for 2.0. I need to go dig that thread up...
    I'm most likely going to wait for the doctor to come out and doctor my phone to 2.0. For some reason I've been having some really weird issues that's I haven't been able to fix so I am going to have to doctor anyways might as well do it to get the latest version rather than doctor then update.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Cantaffordit;2748754]personally I will go back to stock beforehand,

Is this the best way to prepare for the 2.0 that will give the least amount of headache and least amount of time.
    Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delight33 View Post
    personally I will go back to stock beforehand,

Is this the best way to prepare for the 2.0 that will give the least amount of headache and least amount of time.
    Prior to any update I remove all patches, themes, and custom kernels. This is recommended as it can lead to a real headache later.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    thanks for all of the updates folks, now a follow-up question I have is will we have prior notification to the OTA update being pushed out? It's got to be coming up sooner rather than later. Should I just go ahead and remove everything now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That thread that listed patches that needed to be uninstalled before updateing to 1.4.5 still holds true for 2.0. I need to go dig that thread up...
    yep, and the list will probably be longer to add patches that won't get updated for 2.0 because they won't be needed, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by skutcka View Post
    thanks for all of the updates folks, now a follow-up question I have is will we have prior notification to the OTA update being pushed out? It's got to be coming up sooner rather than later. Should I just go ahead and remove everything now?
    No need to remove everything now. The update may be pushed out tomorrow or possibly even sometime next year.

You will have a little bit of warning before it installs itself though, so you'll have time to remove all your mods if you want.
    Found it:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html

This is not a complete list. There are others that may have to be removed as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by skutcka View Post
    We probably have some time before the update is pushed, I doubt that we will see it rolled out till after the pre 2 is out on verizon

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No need to remove everything now. The update may be pushed out tomorrow or possibly even sometime next year.

You will have a little bit of warning before it installs itself though, so you'll have time to remove all your mods if you want.
    ya, we have to wait for guyfromnam to signal that he has the update before anyone else gets it.

do the devs actually have 2.0 yet, or just the tool kit?

curious since it's already shipping on the pre2 in france.

until then, we just watch all of GFN's posts...
    ya, we have to wait for guyfromnam to signal that he has the update before anyone else gets it.

do the devs actually have 2.0 yet, or just the tool kit?

curious since it's already shipping on the pre2 in france.

until then, we just watch all of GFN's posts...
    We have the 2.0 Beta SDK. Not sure if there are any differences between that and the official 2.0 release... I wouldn't think so.
    I think I will prob wait until the dr. Is released too. Since nothing will work after the update and it is a major one starting fresh will be a good way to see all the enhancments without any possible residue from old problems.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I think I will prob wait until the dr. Is released too. Since nothing will work after the update and it is a major one starting fresh will be a good way to see all the enhancments without any possible residue from old problems.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Yea that's a good idea. I would definitely recommend starting fresh in 2.0.

Since it is so different, you really need to experience it by itself for a while. Then you can add all your patches and overclocking. You'll have a greater appreciation of all these modifications that the Precentral community has put together.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast