Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Congratulations for winning the PDK Hot Apps contest for Paid apps with Angry Birds. Many webOS users have enjoyed playing the game, myself included, even though we we were charged double the amount iPhone users paid which was $0.99 I would think that it would be only fair to offer webOS users the new Halloween edition of Angry Birds, Angry Birds Halloween Edition Comes to Apple iOS Devices | News & Opinion | PCMag.com after you've won a cool $100,000 for winning the contest. Come on Rovio! I'm very disappointed.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Seriously. Exclusively for iphone/ipad. Thats not fair. I want that too. Is that an add on to the game or a separate game all together?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Seriously. Exclusively for iphone/ipad. Thats not fair. I want that too. Is that an add on to the game or a separate game all together?
    I think it's a seperate game, as they are charging $1.99 for it.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I would be happy with the scene/level 4 the iphone has with the big red birds... Kinda bummed with no updates for our version..
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    I would be happy with the scene/level 4 the iphone has with the big red birds... Kinda bummed with no updates for our version..
    I heard they got an extra level too. Again...Not fair!!!
    wow, mean old rovio. They made more from the $100,000 prize than they did from webOS sales.

I'm guessing the made a LOT more on iphone and android because their installed base is 20x bigger than palm.

I was happy to buy their game, and I'd be happy to buy every other game they put in the palm app catalog.

but they don't owe me anything. I was embarrassed that only about 50,000 webOS users downloaded angry birds. The fact that webOS users didn't produce 5 or 10 x that volume tells developers to do less, not more.

it's the runaway best seller on every platform, and we couldn't even get to sales units in 7 figures? That reflects poorly on us, IMHO.
    Can i haz maor angry birdz please.

Didn't EA bought Rovio???
    from what I understand,the extra level on the standard version is headed to webOS, so fear not it's "coming soon".

W/ regard to the halloween edition, yeah, Ild like to have that too! Prbly won't get it though. Says "exclusive", did apple pay for exclusitivity?

Prbly apple gets a christmas version too?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    from what I understand,the extra level on the standard version is headed to webOS, so fear not it's "coming soon".

W/ regard to the halloween edition, yeah, Ild like to have that too! Prbly won't get it though. Says "exclusive", did apple pay for exclusitivity?

Prbly apple gets a christmas version too?
    I hope we get a new level. I've beaten all of the levels with all 3 stars and all the golden eggs. I have nothing to with that app except to play the levels over just for fun with no goal. And thats not as fun. haha.
    I hope we get a new level. I've beaten all of the levels with all 3 stars and all the golden eggs. I have nothing to with that app except to play the levels over just for fun with no goal. And thats not as fun. haha.
    now that I know this, I will be sending you an occaisional PM on the levels I can't get beyond two stars! Thanks!

(grin)
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Dear Whoever You Are:

Thanks for your email about whatever it was. Due to an unprecedented influx of money, I'm sorry we don't have time to individually respond to your issues. We are working very hard to find things to do with this money.

Thanks for spending 99 cents and taking the time to write.

Best wishes,

Rovio

lmao, that was mean. But still I do feel a little bit burned I mean. Even if there aren't a lot of angry birds customers on WebOS, we still are customers....
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wow, mean old rovio. They made more from the $100,000 prize than they did from webOS sales.

I'm guessing the made a LOT more on iphone and android because their installed base is 20x bigger than palm.

I was happy to buy their game, and I'd be happy to buy every other game they put in the palm app catalog.

but they don't owe me anything. I was embarrassed that only about 50,000 webOS users downloaded angry birds. The fact that webOS users didn't produce 5 or 10 x that volume tells developers to do less, not more.

it's the runaway best seller on every platform, and we couldn't even get to sales units in 7 figures? That reflects poorly on us, IMHO.
    Why are you embarrassed?

WebOS user base is tiny compared to the other platforms heck just look at the facebook app out of over 500 million face book users only 2million or so have downloaded the FB app on webos that's not even 1%. Yet on the iOS version over 10% (over 50 million users) of the facebook users using the iOS version.

Need for Speed was the first 3d game out the pre and even they did not break 50k downloads and that was when webos had more users.

I think your expecting a lot from such a small user base. Two people I knew who had pre before sprint traded them over to heros for too many replacements didn't even use the app market at all. But now that they have heros both phones are full of apps off the android market don't ask me why IDK.
  13.    #13  

I agree with you, and I didn't have a problem problem paying $1.99 for it. At the same time, it's not like they didn't make anything on it and I'm sure it wouldn't be to costly to port it to webOS. I'd even pay $2.99 for it. Lol

now that I know this, I will be sending you an occaisional PM on the levels I can't get beyond two stars! Thanks!

(grin)
    haha. Theres actually videos on youtube on getting 3 stars for every level. I just watched how they did it and tried to replicate it on the hard ones. Im a nerd. haha. But some of those levels took a long time to get three stars even after I saw how it was done.
    It was free on Android...
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    It was free on Android...

It is... Which - as you can see - makes me a little upset. After we showed far more interest in getting the game than Droid or BB, we get the screw job.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Can i haz maor angry birdz please.

Didn't EA bought Rovio???
    no they bought the publisher of the angry birds app for the iphone , NOT rovio

EA Buys ‘Angry Birds’ Publisher Chillingo For $20 Million, Doesn’t Get ‘Angry Birds’
    It was free on Android because it has ads in it. Everytime a level loads up, an ad pops up on bottom right of screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by smedina20 View Post
    It was free on Android because it has ads in it. Everytime a level loads up, an ad pops up on bottom right of screen.
    That would be annoying.
    That would be annoying.
    Annoying, but free.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast