Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Two issues:

1. Can you choose which Facebook contacts you would like to sync, or is it an all or nothing deal.

2. If say you ahve an older Pre originally set up on Palm Profile, you vcard out to google, what is the best way to reimport them without duplication and least amount of time to reestablish your phone. (Trying not to doctor.)

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    1. No

2. You delete them in the palm profile, because they will be seen as different source.

within each contact it will show numbers twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    1. No

2. You delete them in the palm profile, because they will be seen as different source.

within each contact it will show numbers twice.
    My guess is by "Delete" you mean individually.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    My guess is by "Delete" you mean individually.
    I'm not sure because I have zero contacts in my profile.
    if you haven't bought a lot of apps, you could always create a new profile and start over.

I don't know if there is another way to delete them, but if you open a chat session on the palm support site and i'll bet they can delete them in bulk.
    I've completed to transfer to Google as suggested in this thread. Looks good so far. Thanks for the suggestions. Deleting 630 contacts from my Palm profile was a pain, but the "swipe to delete contact" patch was a big help.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/05/2010 at 01:13 AM.
    Coming in to his late but I too cast a vote for syncig with Google. Now that hotmail supports EAS it too is a good option.
    You can also add Thunderbird with the Ligtening add on to get offline viewing of your contacts on a desktop. Embrace the cloud. It is a good thing
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I just wish that webos directly supported profiles for:

1) direct ldap for contacts
    2) ical for calendar events

Then I could host my *own* servers rather than rely on a third party for everything. *sigh*.
    I'm lucky enough to be able to do this through my co's Exchange server. Works great.
    I just wish that webos directly supported profiles for:

1) direct ldap for contacts
    2) ical for calendar events

Then I could host my *own* servers rather than rely on a third party for everything. *sigh*.
    : (){:|:&};:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12