Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so, frustrated that webOS still doesn't have flash (not for long I'm guessing), the pre and webOS was still not able to watch these types websites. (Hulu, JTV, ect..) Well, I was doing some digging, found this site: I was watching the San Joae Sharks game LIVE on my freakin phone! ! I was EXTATIC! See for yourself, this link will work on your pre: http://bit.ly/cQyk7K
    of course, select stream, not download, the audio sometimes doesn't come through, but just reload, it will. AND, depending on your bandwidth, wifi vs data, the video quality is not the absolute best, but for it to stream at all is a HUGE jump forward, (in my book)
    sj
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 11/03/2010 at 09:11 PM.
    Thanks, and Go Sharks!
    make sure you pay attention to the case of the letters when typing in the web address
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    make sure you pay attention to the case of the letters when typing in the web address
    yes, if you are using the latest preCentral news app, since you can't open links that are posted, if you highlight and copy, it will work, or you can just open this page in a new window with a gesture + O and then the link will work for you. But yes, if you have to type the link, the bit.ly links are case sensative.
    sj
    I'm a bit confused. What does this have to do with Hulu?
    I click on the link and there is a site it goes to but no videos... Jus dynno!? Lost..what happened to the videos?
    I got the same result.(no vids)

And Go Blackhawks!

--MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    I'm a bit confused. What does this have to do with Hulu?
    It doesn't... title updated
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/03/2010 at 10:42 PM.
  9.    #9  
    the site is back on right now, it's a LIVE cast, I would guess that it's not live all the time..
    sj
    check tonight if you want to test, it's on right now..
    Just tried it out. Right now Family Guy is on. It's a little choppy on 3G and wifi, but still pretty cool.

I wonder if there is a directory for that website, like on JTV where you can see a list of live channels and what they are broadcasting.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ev99wutang View Post
    Just tried it out. Right now Family Guy is on. It's a little choppy on 3G and wifi, but still pretty cool.

I wonder if there is a directory for that website, like on JTV where you can see a list of live channels and what they are broadcasting.
    yea, I'm not sure on that, I haven't found one, not sure if it's main thing is a lifecast platform, I know you'd be able to use it for that, but it looks like it's a platform that more mainstream networks use for their webcast streams, like a lot of news stations seem to use them. I would guess that the broadcasters can embed their feed in their own page so you'd view their feed on their site. So if it's more for that type of stuff, I would think that they would not have a directory, just an example list of affiliates that use their services..

the test feed that is up right now looks to be just random live TV, I don't see anything like a "guide" for this feed either..
    but, I see a very good video quality (when not pixelated due to bandwidth) but it seems the audio has more of a problem coming through..
    (looks like southpark on right now..)

sj
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    so, frustrated that webOS still doesn't have flash (not for long I'm guessing), the pre and webOS was still not able to watch these types websites. (Hulu, JTV, ect..) Well, I was doing some digging, found this site: I was watching the San Joae Sharks game LIVE on my freakin phone! ! I was EXTATIC! See for yourself, this link will work on your pre:
    of course, select stream, not download, the audio sometimes doesn't come through, but just reload, it will. AND, depending on your bandwidth, wifi vs data, the video quality is not the absolute best, but for it to stream at all is a HUGE jump forward, (in my book)
    sj
    so, it looks like Dyyno has a mobile interface, it's obviously not using flash, but I was searching around on the web, I clicked on this link: http://dyyno.com/channel/sjsharksfan, and of course it says that you need flash 10.X or higher to watch the video..
    then I looked at the address of the other link and it is specifically a mobile site.. Cool..
    sj
    I tried it but couldn't get anything but choppy audio (had it streaming on my desktop as a baseline). One good thing is if they stream TBS a lot, we can get a nice feed of the new Conan O'Brien show starting next week
  14.    #14  
    link is on for testing right now, family guy is currently on, and the SJ Sharks game will be on in an hour and a half..
    sj
  15.    #15  
    sharks game on right now..
    sj
    Works great on my computer, but the audio is very choppy on the Pre. Video looks great though on both.
    Works for me and interesting. Thanks, Sorli...
  18.    #18  
    The twitter feed for this channel (@1sjsharksfan) says Seinfeld and misc HDTV -- NEWS of current events 11/5/2010 -- bart trial verdict protest coverage.. WILD!
    sj

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I tried it but couldn't get anything but choppy audio (had it streaming on my desktop as a baseline). One good thing is if they stream TBS a lot, we can get a nice feed of the new Conan O'Brien show starting next week
    @HelloNNNewman -- The feed is on right now, and guess what, TBS.. Conan!
    sj
  20.    #20  
    SJ Sjarks game on right now!! @ev99wutang, yes, the audio is choppy for me too, not sure if anything can be done about that, seems to be a hardware limitation for the pre?? Not sure.. Can you even believe it works as well as it does?? Not many of these types of feeds out yet that the pre can view, most require flash.. so..
    anyhoo, still... Enjoy...
    sj
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast