1.    #1  
    I don't know whether this is gmail, webOS or Thunderbird doing this. But what happened twice recently is that almost half of my gmail contacts got moved from "My Contacts" to "Other Contacts" folder, resulting in them disappearing from the Pre.
    I know the Pre isn't the likely cause but thought someone here might have seen this. Any takers?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    I don't know whether this is gmail, webOS or Thunderbird doing this. But what happened twice recently is that almost half of my gmail contacts got moved from "My Contacts" to "Other Contacts" folder, resulting in them disappearing from the Pre.
    I know the Pre isn't the likely cause but thought someone here might have seen this. Any takers?
    I actually noticed this happen recently as well, but only for two of my contacts. I too am unsure what caused it, but also use gmail (Google Apps Premier account actually) and Thunderbird.
    My phone used to do some pretty crazy things when I was unaware that it was on in my pocket...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I actually noticed this happen recently as well, but only for two of my contacts. I too am unsure what caused it, but also use gmail (Google Apps Premier account actually) and Thunderbird.
    Are you using the Google Contacts add on for Thunderbird? I'm starting to suspect it is the culprit. I noticed I had never completely configured it when I installed it.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Are you using the Google Contacts add on for Thunderbird? I'm starting to suspect it is the culprit. I noticed I had never completely configured it when I installed it.
    There are a few such add-on's. I don't know which you're using, but, yes, I'm using Zindus. That being said, I do have it fully and properly configured, and I'd been using it for a couple of years (I believe....definitely over a year) with no problem before this occurred, and it actually hasn't occurred again since, so I don't think that was the culprit for me. The good news, for me, is that it doesn't seem to have occurred again since. Who knows, perhaps it was a Google server issue. Today Google is experiencing an issue with Google Voice users who have transferred the service to their Google Apps domains Anyway, glad to hear that you think you might have found the solution to your problem though
    I too have experienced this and I have a Google Contacts add-on for Thunderbird, but I have seen reports that this is Google's own fault.