Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I would like to get some feedback from everyone on this...

With new WebOS devices coming out, which most (all) will certainly be purchasing a question came to mind. My current WebOS device still works and I am certainly not going to throw it away.

I would love to be able to still utilize it as a purely multimedia/gaming device and play the games that I paid for on it but I know that I can only sign into my Palm Profile on 1 device, I would also still like to have my purchases on whatever new WebOS phone comes out on Sprint.

Is it possible to have my app purchases on more than 1 device or am I just going to have to suck it up and move on?

It was suggested that I go thru the Un-Activated device procedure but doing so I would not be able to sign into my Palm Profile.

I could simply make a new Palm Profile but again that would defeat the purpose as I would not be able to download the apps that I already paid for.

When the new phone is availble on Sprint and if I turn off the data on the old device, when I turn on wifi who is to say that the Palm Profile will not be verified that that point.

I did think this through and hopefully I am just overlooking something and I know I am not the only one to have thought of this....
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Is it possible to have my app purchases on more than 1 device or am I just going to have to suck it up and move on?
    They are going to have to stay tied to the device that has the profile they were downloaded with active on it. I just can't seeing them changing the one device per profile rule.
    When the new phone is availble on Sprint and if I turn off the data on the old device, when I turn on wifi who is to say that the Palm Profile will not be verified that that point.
    Trust me from my own boneheaded experience -- it WILL verify your Palm profile when you turn WiFi on, and restart your phone, removing all of your downloaded apps (not just app catalog, ALL of them) and data. I tried to stop it in order to do the backup I had not taken the time to do yet, but I could not.
    with the PalmPad coming out, I can see them letting you have your profile on multiple devices.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    They are going to have to stay tied to the device that has the profile they were downloaded with active on it. I just can't seeing them changing the one device per profile rule.

Trust me from my own boneheaded experience -- it WILL verify your Palm profile when you turn WiFi on, and restart your phone, removing all of your downloaded apps (not just app catalog, ALL of them) and data.
    Ugh well that sucks! I kinda figured it would but I wanted some kind of verification on what it would actually do. That stinks...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    with the PalmPad coming out, I can see them letting you have your profile on multiple devices.
    I can only hope so...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Technically/legally I believe apps are just like PC software in that they are licensed for one device. So "is it possible" depends mostly on what rules you're willing to bend. But the Palm Profile is intended to be for one device.