1.    #1  
    Is there a safe-texting app for WebOS?

(i.e. an app that, when it senses that you are moving faster than walking speed, will do two things:
    1) prevent you from sending text messages
    2) if you receive a text message comes in, turns off the beep and status light flash and prevents reading of the message )

(1) is discipline. (2) my phone will continue to beep and flash at me until I unlock the phone and view the message
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Drivesafe.ly is reported to be developing their app for WebOS but nothing definite from them yet. It is currently available for BB, iOS and Android. I e-mailed them and they replied that it is in the works and the same is stated on their website. Haven't seen anything else in this category yet.
    i don't know about a "safe" sms app but id love to see handcent for android come to webos. im sick of the stock sms app.
    Yeah...there isn't one..But do you really need an app for that? Lol..Just mute the ponw and keep it away from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    Drivesafe.ly is reported to be developing their app for WebOS but nothing definite from them yet. It is currently available for BB, iOS and Android. I e-mailed them and they replied that it is in the works and the same is stated on their website. Haven't seen anything else in this category yet.
    I personally have a hard time believing they are going to be releasing anything any time soon, as *nobody* except Palm has access to the messaging notifications (that is, for apps that can go in the catalog - including web and beta feeds). That's why SMS Auto Forward/Reply can only be Homebrew. I have contacted Palm dev relations and asked if Drivesafe.ly has worked some kind of special deal to have access to those APIs.
    This would suck for people just riding in a car and couldn't uae their phones.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr