1.    #1  
    If you use Transmission, you can enable its web interface. It renders beautifully on WebOS, so you can monitor and control things being shared on another desktop or workstation from your phone.

Nothing incredibly revealing, just thought I'd share. This set up is awesome for letting me check on things without having to constantly go look at my laptop or workstation.

Transmission

I keep trying to upload a screenshot, but it's failing. Sorry. It does look great, though!
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 10/31/2010 at 06:38 PM.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Why not use Torrent Remote, it works with Transmission.
    I like WebUI for WebOS. Not sure if it will work with Transmission.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Why not use Torrent Remote, it works with Transmission.
    I'll look into it.

**Edit:
    From the documentation for Torrent Remote, it looks like it just scrapes the web interface anyway? There's no real benefit to that, as Transmission's webUI works just fine in the phone's browser. It's cheap enough that I'll give it a try when I am able, though. No wifi or cell signal here at work, and policies forbid plugging the phone into any computers here.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 11/01/2010 at 08:01 AM.
    Plus, the Transmission web interface is beautiful. It looks and feels just like the desktop app (at least the Mac version of the desktop app). It's great for quickly checking the status on the go (if you set up port forwarding rules and such to make it externally accessible) or when running full-screen apps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    Plus, the Transmission web interface is beautiful. It looks and feels just like the desktop app (at least the Mac version of the desktop app). It's great for quickly checking the status on the go (if you set up port forwarding rules and such to make it externally accessible) or when running full-screen apps.
    Yup. There's nothing elegant about having to constantly hit 'reload' in the torrent remote app. I'll stick with transmission's web interface. It works beautifully on the phone. I wouldn't recommend port forwarding directly to it from the Internet though. If you must expose internal web services to the outside, then a secure reverse proxy is the proper way to do it.
    So I'm trying to do this, but whenever I log in from my Pre I get a screen saying "Connection Failed: Could not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect." Anyone have experience with this? I've been google searching, but it's not helping much.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Well, I still get the Connection Failed message, but if I dismiss it I can interact with the client properly. It's definitely pretty nice.

Transmission WebUI on webOS by m.alpha, on Flickr
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I can't get this web interface to work, not even from another PC. If I select "Open web client" in Transmission, my browser opens a page "//localhost:9091/transmission/web/", which obviously doesn't work from another computer or my Pre. How do I set up a proper web remote on Transmission?