Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please take with a grain of salt!!! just got back from my local sprint store and actually talked to a representative who was well informed about palm and webos. (very refreshing as usually they dont know much) anyways we were talking about 2.0 for the pre, and he was saying that unfortunately sprint isnt going to release it till after the holidays. he said that they were having issues with it plus android 3.0 is coming out in dec. once again take with a huge grain of salt. i only share this because the rep actually new what he was talking about about everything else.(very well informed about 2.0) i hope he was wrong..
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/29/2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo in title
    maybe the internal testing issue was that he couldn't get more than one or two stacks of cards on a pre- without tmc
  3.    #3  
    haha..maybe
    sorry but have not heard of a sales rep yet that knows anything about anything,so I'll take that with the biggest grain of salt ever.
  5.    #5  
    neither do I but he knew all about 2.0 and the 5 or 6 devices for next year. (no details about the devices, just heard about them like the rest of us)But like I said grain of salt required.
    Is it possible he 'knew' what he was talking about?

Sorry, being a brat about spelling!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #7  
    its ok I'm an engineering major not an English major.. Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    maybe the internal testing issue was that he couldn't get more than one or two stacks of cards on a pre- without tmc
    i doubt it, there's no reason stacks would be more intensive that anything we're already used to. Its not like you'd be multitasking more applications, it just pusts them closer together. Besides, the OS is getting MORE efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i doubt it, there's no reason stacks would be more intensive that anything we're already used to. Its not like you'd be multitasking more applications, it just pusts them closer together. Besides, the OS is getting MORE efficient.
    yes, but same hardware, and sprint wouldn't overclock their internal testing phones...and they would launch a stack of multiple pdk games
    ha, well when you put it that way!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy2000 View Post
    neither do I but he knew all about 2.0 and the 5 or 6 devices for next year. (no details about the devices, just heard about them like the rest of us)But like I said grain of salt required.
    thats just stuff anybody who follows these forums knows.
  12.    #12  
    which is 1000 times more then any other rep I spoke with.
  13.    #13  
    forgot to mention he also said it won't be 2.0 but 2.0.?
  14. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Maybe that Sprint rep just been following this website and thinking he knew just a little more than you? I haven't found any that knew a thing about the Pre, WebOS or any future plans from Sprint.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy2000 View Post
    forgot to mention he also said it won't be 2.0 but 2.0.?
    I would say he's right about that, since the released version of 2.0 is not feature complete.
  16. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    It is likely that anyone who knows anything ain't talking, and that anyone who is talking don't know anything.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    It is likely that anyone who knows anything ain't talking, and that anyone who is talking don't know anything.
    very true. It just seemed plausible that's why I posted. But I try to follow those wise words..
    What holiday? Halloween, definitely! Thanksgiving, Probably! Christmas, No way!

Ruby has already stated 2.0 for Palm Pre and Plus by the end of the year.

As for Sprint already having it and it not being ready is most likely not True as Sprint isnt getting Pre2 anytime soon so I doubt seriously that Sprint has 2.0 yet as the early access program only has the SDK.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

19.    #19  
    if ruby promised 2.0 for all palm models by the end of the year the carriers better have it given how long it took carriers to approve 1.4.5.
    just remember, Ruby promised 2.0 before years end, but he can't force the hand of the carriers.

They can do what they want, which means 2.0 aint coming till next year folks. I'll be my new Epic on it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast