1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any clever ideas for the use of WebOS2.0 Quick Actions?
    we already know that you can instantly send text to emails/sms/twitter etc, but what else can we do?

I think it would be neat to have an app that would launch groups of apps depending on what the user "just types"

for example, i type "car" and choose the appropriate quick action and NaN Player, Sprint Nav, and a gas mileage app would open up.

any other ideas?
    I really like that idea. Sounds like how mode switcher (or another developed ap) could make use of quick actions

in that vein, maybe with an app like MS, you could make modifier modes for settings, and choose a quick action phrase to launch it (because sometimes my triggers don't work). Imagine typing "half brightness" or "max" or "min" and it'll change your brightness to half, max or min.

OMG, this could bring about my card view keyboard shortcuts to toggle things that I've requested as a patch!!! Type "bluetooth" or "bt" for a QA to toggle it, or "wifi," or whatever phrases you set! ....im exited about the possibilities
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 10/29/2010 at 03:43 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I really like that idea. Sounds like how mode switcher (or another developed ap) could make use of quick actions

in that vein, maybe with an app like MS, you could make modifier modes for settings, and choose a quick action phrase to launch it (because sometimes my triggers don't work). Imagine typing "half brightness" or "max" or "min" and it'll change your brightness to half, max or min.

OMG, this could bring about my card view keyboard shortcuts to toggle things that I've requested as a patch!!! Type "bluetooth" or "bt" for a QA to toggle it, or "wifi," or whatever phrases you set! ....im exited about the possibilities
    LOL mode switcher is THE REASON i started thinking about this. i love the app and patches, but my triggers don't work all the time!

it would definately be neat to use this to activate pretermined profiles ala mode switcher.

beyond that, there have got to be other uses. I hope there is are developers out there thinking about some neat applications. this could definately be something that sets WebOS apart from the competition.
    Seems more like it was taken from the Command Line patch by dsevil.
    well, between our posts, I think we have most of the textual stuff (email, txt, twitter etc) and most of the setting manipulation (modes of cards, hardware settings) covered. I'm trying to think of what else it could do...but idk
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I like how features I've requested are being built in...but maybe dsevil should be compensated. But the patch license prevents that from being an obligation, right?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    really? i haven't experimented with that one yet. time to try it out!
    well..the code..not implamentation

you have to remember these commands then type it right...i had it for a little bit but never used it. I think it's just less intuitive than QA, especially if in the future, you'll be able to launch modes with QA, but with phrases or a character or two of your choosing
    command line is my favorite patch, I thought it sounded similar too.
    watch out precentral. I might post a new thread anytime I have an idea with quick actions...and overload your servers. You have brought about your own demise!

:P
  11.    #11  
    some more obvious uses: populating and instantly playing music playlists on your phone based on keywords. it would be nice if i could type "Genre: Hiphop" and get a random rap playlist, or type "album: Blueprint" and that album would play or type "artist: Jay-z" or just type shuffle and i would get a shuffled playlist.

i could also launch playlists i've created and specific songs by by just typing that playlists name.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 10/29/2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    some more obvious uses: populating and instantly playing music playlists on your phone based on keywords. it would be nice if i could type "Genre: Hiphop" and get a random rap playlist, or type "album: Blueprint" and that album would play or type "artist: Jay-z" or just type shuffle and i would get a shuffled playlist.

i could also launch playlists i've created and specific songs by by just typing that playlists name.
    I like
  13.    #13  
    i'd be dissapointed if the Navigation apps didn't respond better to just type. The official google app is the only one that does now, but it sucks.