1.    #1  
    So, Palm has the best multitasking around with the Cards system in WebOS.

We just got a rumor that 6-ish new devices were coming out sometime in the future.

I just had an awesome idea for the cards system: Swipe a card to another device.

So, first off I personally think that no matter how many WebOS devices you have, they should all be signed into the same Palm Profile so that apps and notifications mirror themselves. If you swipe away a notification on your phone, it goes away on your tablet as well and if you buy an app it appears on all your devices.

But wouldn't this be awesome: say you are working on a Document on your phone in QuickOffice. You come home and realize you have your WebOS tablet (PalmPad) and want to keep working on the document on it instead. Your phone and tablet connect with Bluetooth and recognize that they are near each other.

So, you swipe the card down instead of up. Instead of closing the card, it swipes from your phone to your tablet, and loads the document exactly where you left off on your phone, to continue working on it on your WebOS PalmPad
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Great idea!
    That is a good idea!

You know what would make this even better? Extend it to the PC in limited support... eg. only things like videos, music, documents (word, excel type stuff), emails, etc. could swipe down and open on a Blue-tooth "docked" PC. It would only be able to work on things where comparable apps are available, but basicaly a swipe down would send the open file to the PC and the PC could try to open it in the default app for that file type or give you a screen asking what program to open it with if a default program wasn't available.
    Last edited by sinime; 10/28/2010 at 10:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Brilliant idea.
    I like the idea of cross operation among webOS devices and how about porting an HP webOS emulator into all HP touch screen PC’s that would allow users to download webOS apps into any HP touch screen laptop or desktop and give developers an environment to build new webOS applications?

Think of the advantages – VOIP, Large Screens, unlimited storage, expanded memory, fantastic processors, etc…
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I like the idea of cross operation among webOS devices and how about porting an HP webOS emulator into all HP touch screen PC’s that would allow users to download webOS apps into any HP touch screen laptop or desktop and give developers an environment to build new webOS applications?

Think of the advantages – VOIP, Large Screens, unlimited storage, expanded memory, fantastic processors, etc…
    But as I said, why stop at webOS? It could easily apply to PC's (win/linux) and Macs. Just have the swipe down send the open document to what ever device is docked. Would be great for business use. At lunch, start typing up a "word" type document and when you get back to the office and your PC is wirelessly connected through BT or WiFi you just swipe down and let windows interpret what program to open the file with.

Could even be extended to send files to friends like the "bump" program does.
    +1....those are all good