1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Pre. Everything was running great. I use Govnah and a bunch of patches but haven't changed any settings in weeks. All of a sudden my Text Messaging app won't open...the standard one that comes in WebOS. I tap the icon, it glows like it is about to launch the card, then the glow goes away, I'm still in Launcher, and the card never opens.

Anybody seen this?
    Have you tried rebooting? Possibly even powering off your Pre, removing the batter for a minute or two, then power back on?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Have you tried rebooting? Possibly even powering off your Pre, removing the batter for a minute or two, then power back on?
    +1
  4.    #4  
    yeah, I should have said that up front. I rebooted (twice.) One time I left the battery out. I've tried it after fresh reboot without Govnah or any other apps on. Really, really weird.
    Maybe corrupt files then. Try running Jason's WebOS Repair Utility 2.1
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #6  
    Well I finally got around to runnig Jason's webOS Repair Utility, which did find 3 files to repair. Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. Guess its time to go visit the Doctor. Thanks for your suggestions though.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i wish there was a way to back-up and restore what is on my pre....i.e. apps, patches, files ect...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    um. The Apps that you have are backed up and restored through your Palm profile. Very nearly anything else can be backed up and restored via Save/Restore.
  9.    #9  
    Final report: I ran webOSdoctor and everything is back to normal. Messaging App works fine again. It must have been something in one of the patches, but hey, doctoring a webOS phone is pretty easy (and kinda fun) so I'm not complaining. And in the end, these phones are computers and computers always run faster after being rebuilt...such is the case here.

Anyway, thanks to all who offered suggestions.
    Webos doctor will pretty much fix any "unfixable" problems.