Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This has been bugging me since I got my pre, but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere. When I accidentally send an email to the trash bin, then try and "move to" the inbox, it just stays there in the trash. Oddly, I can "move to" the sent folder, THEN move it to inbox, but not directly. Kind of bizarre.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Thanks for posting this.

I had noticed that I could not move mail from my trash to inbox. I then gave up thinking it a bug that mail could not really be moved. Now I tried moving it to the sent folder first and then to the inbox and it works!

Nonetheless you should be able to move mail straight from the trash box to the inbox.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    It does go directly to the inbox. Here is how > go in your trash mail... then tap on the emal, then tap on email sign on upper left corner..click move to folder and tap on inbox. Go into inbox and scroll down and you'll see it.
    will be there.

Regards,

[i]--Sent from my palm pre.
    I'm glad that works on your Pre as it should but it does NOT on mine. I just tried again. I cannot move from trash to inbox. I can move from trash to sent to inbox. Weird I know but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I'm glad that works on your Pre as it should but it does NOT on mine. I just tried again. I cannot move from trash to inbox. I can move from trash to sent to inbox. Weird I know but true.
    ...that is strange... What email accounts are you using? Are you following the exact step I laid out? Note: If the email sent today, yesterday, or last week.. It will have that same day/date on it in your inbox.

Regards,
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/27/2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    ...that is strange... What email client are you using? Are you following the exact step I laid out? Note: If the email sent today, yesterday, or last week.. It will have that same day/date on it in your inbox.

Regards,
    Yes I followed those steps and had tried them several times before with different sent dates. It doesn't work for me.

What do you mean by email client? Is there anything other than the stock Pre email program?

I use Outlook on my computer to check one email account and have 2 other email accounts that are checked only via the Pre. None of the email moving from trash to inbox will work as advertised on any of the 3 email accounts.

Thanks for trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    Yes I followed those steps and had tried them several times before with different sent dates. It doesn't work for me.

What do you mean by email client? Is there anything other than the stock Pre email program?

I use Outlook on my computer to check one email account and have 2 other email accounts that are checked only via the Pre. None of the email moving from trash to inbox will work as advertised on any of the 3 email accounts.

Thanks for trying to help.
    ...Well, I'm using Gmail and Yahoo and both work fine.

Your welcome.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    2 accounts are time warner and another is a business account hosted by yahoo. The funny thing is in all accounts I can move them from trash to sent to inbox but not directly from trash to inbox.
    ...Both my mail type are IMAP. Maybe that has something to do with it.. I guess.

Regards,
    The issue is going to have absolutely nothing to do with they kind of email account you are using (ie: gmail, warner, etc...). The issue is most likely caused by some weird anomaly in the operating software. (I'm taking it for granted that you are running OS version 1.4.5)

What I would do is run the Repair Utility first to see if any files in the OS are missing/corrupt (the RU will replace them if found). After running the RU, restart the phone and try again.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The 2 accounts that I use are Hotmail and Time warner, but like you said, I can't imagine it has anything to do with the type of account, once your phone has downloaded it. I've also tried the exact steps mentioned, and the sucker just won't move straight from the trash to the inbox. It's been like this on my phone through every version of webOS, repaired or otherwise.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Ok so I ran the repair utility. It did find a couple of problems with the email (and a couple of other issues as well.) After a restart, I still cannot accomplish moving an email directly from trash to inbox. I still can only get it to the inbox if I move it to sent folder first. So just for fun, I ran the repair utility again. It found more errors or perhaps the same ones since I did not think to write them down. Still no dice. I have run the repair utility four times now and get errors each time. Yes I am telling the utility to restore the file. After the 4th time I even did a battery pull instead of a restart. Nothing changed regarding my ability to move the emails.

I am willing to live with the problem since I would only need this function very infrequently and since the OP pointed out a work-a-round. Still I thought it odd that the way that the repair utility finds something wrong time after time.
    I tried to move an email just to see if I could help out. I have an exchange account and pop account. What is weird is that the exchange account would let me move email from trash to inbox but my pop would not let me move from trash to inbox I had go the trash to sent to inbox route.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Wow! I would have never thought that to be a problem. I figured it HAD to be local on the phone. All 3 of my accounts are pop and I have the issue with all of them.
    I had the same issue when I had my gmail on POP.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Well I guess I can stop worrying about it now. Its "normal" behaviour. Silly but "normal."