Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    How about the Pre just try being a better phone. I would prefer that I could use my phone in my house without using an Airwave.

For those of you that don't know, I believe the phone's software makes the Pre abnormally swith happy jumping from one tower to the other not allowing it to roam easily.

I want new features like the next person but I need a great 'PHONE' as well.

there is a patch, no a thread that used to be around the forum here that showed how to force the pre to stay in a certain tower area? Or it was to set the preferred towers used? Something like that, sorry its so vauge but if I find it I'll post the link. It might be helpful for your situation

ed- so I found the thread I was thinking of but it has more to do with internet speed, I rememberd it wrong, sorry. Here it is anyways

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/236242-increase-speed-your-evdo-connection.html
    Last edited by loopytee; 11/27/2010 at 07:51 PM.
    prints money
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    How about the Pre just try being a better phone. I would prefer that I could use my phone in my house without using an Airwave.

For those of you that don't know, I believe the phone's software makes the Pre abnormally swith happy jumping from one tower to the other not allowing it to roam easily.

I want new features like the next person but I need a great 'PHONE' as well.
    I don't think that's accurate, because this isn't a problem for everyone.

I have no such problems with my Pre.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I don't know if this is possible, but it would be amazing if, when you power your device down by holding the power button and following the prompts to shut down (like if you're changing your battery), when you power back on, there would be an option to "restore previous cards/stacks" that were open when you shut down. This would be especially useful because of how many stacks of cards you could potentially be working with now. Any ideas?
    +1
    "Hello. My name is Knox, and I'm addicted to webOS patches!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I don't know if this is possible, but it would be amazing if, when you power your device down by holding the power button and following the prompts to shut down (like if you're changing your battery), when you power back on, there would be an option to "restore previous cards/stacks" that were open when you shut down. This would be especially useful because of how many stacks of cards you could potentially be working with now. Any ideas?
    Not a bad idea, but how many people are powering down their phone on a regular basis? Most people probably only do it once every couple weeks. The last time I did was when I installed a patch. Since then I haven't done it in over a week.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I like this idea, even though I'm slightly OCD and am constantly closing screens. I reset my phone once a day, honestly, if I don't, it gets sluggish and eventually freezes and resets itself anyway.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by led_zeppelin84 View Post
    I like this idea, even though I'm slightly OCD and am constantly closing screens. I reset my phone once a day, honestly, if I don't, it gets sluggish and eventually freezes and resets itself anyway.
    You should check out the Preset Reset app in Preware. You can set it up to reboot your Pre whenever you want. I have mine set to reboot daily at 4am.
    Javascript enhancements, more codec support, being able to restore webpages just incaase a random shutdown starts. Native Palm animated backrounds (I know there's a patch for that but it would be cool if Palm made their own animated backround wallpaper). What about voice recognition? To specify, the palm device is able to use certain features of the phone like basic resets/restarts, enable lock codes, etc. However it only recognizes your voice only.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12