Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    If you could port webOS onto upcoming/released mobile hardware what would would it be. Personally, I agree with something I heard on the Engadget Show: WebOS 2.0 on the Dell Venue Pro would be perfect. Its a great example of a vertical slider on a larger device. 8gb of storage is pretty sad though...

Please pick one phone and state your reasons why. If you'd prefer palm sticking to form factors currently available, feel free to weigh in too!

please no trolling or bashing.
    I'd take it to one that's already out, the iPhone4. Solid hardware and I don't call enough for an antenna issue to matter.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I would port it into the Evo!!...Cards on a big screen!!
    I would love WebOS on the BlackBerry Torch or evan a touchscreen Bold
    I love my palm pre (sprint) and I love my day to day experiences. Pre 2 would be nice, but I'll wait for the next best thing. H/Palm-Sprint will give us something that will make us all glad we saved our upgrade for.a couple of mins. Bigger better to come from H/Palm. My Pre minus keeps me happy. Web os 2.0 will make it closer to a plus. I'm sure of it. I like the question but just felt like talking some pro web os jive. :-)
    iphone 4, just so I could be smug about wrestling the nice hardware of the device away from Mr Jobs control
    I agree the dell venue pro (that the portrait slider?) looks sweet. An iphone4 would be nice too...or something big like an evo.

can't decide
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I agree the dell venue pro (that the portrait slider?) looks sweet. An iphone4 would be nice too...or something big like an evo.

can't decide
    yeah that's the portrait slider. It still amazes me that a portrait slider can look so beautiful, have a large screen, and still be easy to type on (ei it isn't top heavy). I see the venue pro as a proof of concept for my ideal roadrunner HD. It convinced me that palm doesn't have to go with a landscape keyboard. Also I'd love to see palm move away from the cheap looking plastic.
    I'd port it to the BB torch.. Only because it remind me of my trusty palm pre. :-D

Regards,
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I'd port it to the BB torch.. Only because it remind me of my trusty palm pre. :-D

Regards,
    have you ever played with a torch? I'm curious how the slider compares to the Pre's.
    Yes, in all fairness.. I wish our slider feels like that.

I believe the pre2 feels a lot different though. They(Palm) are aware of the slider problems with the pres, and hopefully fix the slider mechanism.

Regards,
    How about porting an HP webOS emulator into all HP touch screen PC’s that would allow users to download webOS apps into any HP touch screen laptop or desktop and give developers an environment to build new webOS applications?

Think of the advantages – VOIP, Large Screens, unlimited storage, expanded memory, fantastic processors, etc…
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Has anyone actually ported WebOS to anything else? I would like to port it to my Evo. After a couple weeks, I already hate Android.
    if anyone did port it onto something else, they'd have to figure out how the gesture area would work
    Blackberry Torch, if they could get the hardware specs at least up to the same as the Pre 2 or better.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Dell Venue Pro, but with a smaller size.

I want something pocketable and I don't have to worry about smashing it.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    if anyone did port it onto something else, they'd have to figure out how the gesture area would work
    I was just assuming we'd be replacing the button areas on these devices with a gesture area. I just wanted to get an idea of what people look for when considering design.
    I would port it to the Nintendo DSi or the 3DS when it comes out. Technically they are mobile, just not phones.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Dell Venue Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I was just assuming we'd be replacing the button areas on these devices with a gesture area. I just wanted to get an idea of what people look for when considering design.
    I meant in response to @ilovetrains' question about if anyone already has ported it. If anyone did, no other existing phone has gesture areas. U'd have to program the buttons to be different gestures, which I guess is what they do anyway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast