Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have my Pre setup with two different Exchange accounts: both Exchange servers are setup the same (same version, configuration, etc AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK). $However$, $one$ $of$ $the$ $Exchange$ $accounts$ $only$ $shows$ $received$ $messages$ $in$ $text$ $only$ $format$ $while$ $the$ $other$ $allows$ $for$ $full$ $graphics$. $It$'$s$ $very$ $frustrating$ $as$ $I$ $can$ $send$ $a$ $message$, $on$ $my$ $phone$, $from$ $one$ $server$ $to$ $the$ $other$ $and$ $it$ $will$ $show$ $properly$ $on$ $the$ $other$ $account$. $It$ $seems$ $like$ $there$ $should$ $be$ $a$ $switch$ $in$ $the$ $activesync$ $settings$ $to$ $allow$ $for$ $html$ $e$-$mail$ $and$ $it$ $looks$ $like$ $it$'$s$ $set$ $that$ $way$, $but$ $obviously$ $not$....

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to setup e-mail/activesync to show html messages, not just text only?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm curious about this one -- I have multiple Exchange accounts as well, but I don't get proper HTML on any of them, including new Exchange support for Hotmail.

Anyone else who does get graphics with an Exchange account?
    Same here, HTML formatting is gone.
    I believe those are setting you change in outlook. You specify default email formats.

of they all look the same in outlook then is is in the eas config on the server side.

ryleyinstl is an exchange admin and can and provide more detail.

edit: in most cases my echange mail includes grahics as attachments when viewing on my pre.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 10/24/2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hmmm...the timing of this is rather fortuitous. Just this weekend we upgraded from Exchange 2003 to 2010. It appears that now I'm able to view HTML emails as intended on my Pre. Not sure if there is a setting in Exchange, or just if it's something that is supported now.

Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    Hmmm...the timing of this is rather fortuitous. Just this weekend we upgraded from Exchange 2003 to 2010. It appears that now I'm able to view HTML emails as intended on my Pre. Not sure if there is a setting in Exchange, or just if it's something that is supported now.

Sweet!
    It is configurable through the Exchange Management settings, and also your client has to support it of course (as we all know WebOS does).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I got it to work. What I had to do:
    In Exchange Management Console, I setup a new mobile policy and made sure the HTML email was checked (I had done this previously, but hadn't taken effect).
    #2 (I think this was the most important) - I deleted the Exchange account on my Pre and re-connected.

My theory is that updating policies in Exchange doesn't "push" the changes out to the Pre for some reason. This still doesn't make total sense to me as I would think that Exchange has ultimate control over the format of info going to the Pre, but perhaps the Pre caches some settings that require a complete delete/re-add of the account.

In any case, it's working now and hopefully this might help others, too...
    My company just migrated my Exchange inbox from a 2003 server to a 2007 Exchange server. After the migration, I still had plain text e-mail. However on the advice of this thread, I removed and added back my Exchange account and now I am receiving HTML e-mail. Woo Hoo!! Thanks so much. Hopefully, others will be able to benefit from the great information available on these forums.