1.    #1  
    ok so i have java installed. I downloaded web os quick install 3.14 and when i try to run it w/ java, a black dos/command prompt screen pops up for a split second and nothing happens. I've been searching and trying to trouble shoot this for the last hour and just suck at life apparently
    are you just double-clicking on the .jar file? that should work. also you need to have webOSdoctor in the same directory as the QI .jar file.

@shane, did I miss anything? LOL
  3.    #3  
    lol yes i double-click and it doesn't launch. i do have webOSdoctor in the same folder as the .jar folder.
  4.    #4  
    bah think i got it thanks anywho
  5.    #5  
    still cant get it. heres what happens when i try to run web os quick install.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  6.    #6  
    crap sorry this one shows my problem. i feel ********
  7.    #7  
    yeah thats right i still play AOE 2
    you should try updating java before you start this , also im told you have to uninstall older java versions before you update . not sure if this is true but its worth a try. then delete everything you have down loaded and then download the webos quick installer and open it up and try opening webos with phone hooked up and it should ask you to download the current doctor and do that . then make a folder on desktop and drag and drop both the webos and quickinstaller into that folder and name the folder 1.4.5 just so you know . then try hooking phone up again after the doctor has downloaded .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    i appreciative the help, but i've tried uninstalling java and reinstalling it. made sure its up to date a couple times.
    ok then lets try this . open start then in the run box or search boc , type- services.msc - then hit enter. when it pops up in the list click on it and after it opens scroll down to palm novacom , if you see it there then right click on it and hit the restart button. and try again. if its not there then thats your problem. then try this and let me know what happens .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee11 View Post
    i appreciative the help, but i've tried uninstalling java and reinstalling it. made sure its up to date a couple times.
    Can I ask you what exactly you're trying to do. Are you trying to to preware by chance?
    appears to be an executable error in the file... download the program again and try to run it
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Can I ask you what exactly you're trying to do. Are you trying to to preware by chance?
    yes
  14.    #14  
    o also web doc opens up just fine btw
    Why don't you try getting it with the "Standalone Installer" it's quite easy. Just make sure you have webos doc and the standalone installer in the same folder. If you haven't gotten preware yet, you can find the installer in this link as well. Here is the link: Application:Preware.

Note: There is an app called "Preware Homebrew Documentation" in the app catalog that would assist you 100%. Easy step by step procedure. Check it out. Only .99
  16.    #16  
    10-4. thanks rush ill give it a go