1.    #1  
    Do you guys think that the Pre 2 is so much faster because of the processor or webOS 2.0?

I would love to think that it's webOS 2.0 because of the possible hardware acceleration of sorts(?). But, in seeing he speed of the device, it seems to me that the speed bump is more indicative of the processor, as the overclocked pre performed much the same as it.

Maybe while the processor flexes its muscles in opening apps, webOS 2.0 brings the fluidity to the OS? What do you guys think?
    You probably saw the comparison of the pre 2 and a pre oc'ed to 1Ghz. So what do you think?
    speed increase mostly due to processor and ram , battery life due to webos and processor
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Both.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Neither.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    All of the above
    I would like to buy a vowel!
    I was expecting it to be aloooooot faster due to software, but the vids I've seen haven't impressed me. I'm only expecting scrolling to get faster, and to get less random slowdowns due to the new engine. But I'm not expecting much, neither should you...

Hp as a whole doesn't seem to care too much about webos. I'm willing to bet Microsft will outspend hp 2-1 on advertising.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Hp as a whole doesn't seem to care too much about webos.
    Seriously? Their whole point of buying Palm was specifically for WebOS. They've already started featuring existing Palm products in the HP advertisements -- not bad, considering nothing new has come out yet. Apple plans on putting iOS on a number of devices, HP plans on putting WebOS on a whole bunch more. And Microsoft? I doubt you'll ever see Windows Phone 7 take over the world anytime soon.
    There has to be some speed difference in the pre2 and the current palm pre/plus. Different processor for one causes the pre2 to be a lot faster when compare to the pre and pre plus processor. The hardware as nothing to do with the speed. Some applications seem to open about the same time though.

Regards,
    This will become apparent as soon as we can do a comparison between a Pre2 and Pre, both running stock 2.0.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Seriously? Their whole point of buying Palm was specifically for WebOS. They've already started featuring existing Palm products in the HP advertisements -- not bad, considering nothing new has come out yet. Apple plans on putting iOS on a number of devices, HP plans on putting WebOS on a whole bunch more. And Microsoft? I doubt you'll ever see Windows Phone 7 take over the world anytime soon.
    Ya and the huge IP portfolio palm held had nothing to do with he purchase either... I think WebOS diehards are in for a rough 2011....

Anywho after seeing the video's I'm not impressed at all with webos 2.0 speed or function. Same great looking ui with slow performance.. By the time they catch up on optimization the competition will be far beyond webos...
    Last edited by helidos; 10/25/2010 at 01:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Ya and the huge IP portfolio palm held had nothing to do with he purchase either... I think WebOS diehards are in for a rough 2011....

Anywho after seeing the video's I'm not impressed at all with webos 2.0 speed or function. Same great looking ui with slow performance.. By the time they catch up on optimization the competition will be far beyond webos...
    The IP that palm held also had something to do with the purchase. Far beyond webos? No. At par? Maybe. As good? No.