1.    #1  
    Dont get me wrong, I think that the people at Palm are extremely innovative and intelligent.

In 5 years time when the mobile cloud and web apps will dominate we will look back at the creation of WebOS and the only bad thing that people will say about it was that it was wayyy ahead of its time.

So Palm has done some seriously good stuff with WebOS, and 2.0 looks seriously strong.

I understand that Palm just got aquired by HP and before they were a small company, its not easy trying to keep up to speed with the latest tech, things move super fast in the mobile industry right now. SO, some features I understand will eventually come to WebOS. Im patient I will wait.

There is ONE thing that I am not patient about, and actually quite disappointed in Palm with:

The integration of homebrew patches baked into the main OS.

Now, I understand that some patches are niche things, (and some cant be added because they are a breach of carrier policy etc) but there are some patches that bring the phone to a whole new level, and that the average WebOS consumer (non homebrewer) has been complaining about and wanting for some time. Some were incorporated, but not nearly enough.

This is not even a "common Palm get on it!" complaint, this is a "you had a huge opportunity sitting on your lap here, and you passed on it"

Palm, I understand some things are just out of your reach at this moment in time, Sprint is giving you the middle finger, the app catalog is not what it should be, but for petes sake, you have been HANDED to you some of the best upgrades for WebOS, for FREE, beta tested by all of us, and you passed on them.

Bad move in my opinion.

Below are a list of patches that SHOULD have come baked into WebOS 2.0 (maybe with toggles to disable), and didnt:

Without a doubt:

-Advanced System Configuration
    -Email MegaMix
    -Uber Calendar
    -Devicemenu Maxed Out Ultra
    -Mega Mix and Multi Mod (for Web Browser)
    -PDF Redux

Debatable (ones I sure like):

-Add Date MM/DD
    -Add Select All and New Message
    -Alarm Daily Options
    -Character Counter
    -Copy Youtube URL to clipboard
    -Delete all conversations and texts
    -Match State to Areacode
    -Enabling Landscape for email, messaging, etc
    -Set Avatar for messaging
    -Raise Resolution Limit
    -Reduce Drag Radius (it helps with scrolling lag)
    -Shake to reload (browser)
    -Share Larger Videos Via Email
    -Swipe to delete contacts
    -Swipe to delete videos
    -Video Camera flashlight

Personally, these arent just patches that are preferable choices or niche things, they are patches that seriously extend the capabilities of WebOS

When I went through the list I thought to myself "Does this patch interfere or limit anything in WebOS by it being enabled?" In other words, if I added it to someones phone and they didnt know it was there, would it negatively affect their experience.

And if it did, it didnt make the list.

And it doesnt even stop at patches... when Music Player Remix came out all I could think was "oh man, Palm is gonna snatch this up and make it the official player." .......and they never did.

Now Music Player 2.0 makes the official music player look like a JOKE. Palm should buy Music Player Remix 2.0 and integrate it into the OS (as long as that would be cool with the developer of course)

These are just things that were there for the taking to integrate in the OS, and you didnt.

Personally I think that it was a bad move. I know that most of us will just homebrew and use these things, but Palm cant use them as bragging rights to their OS then, and sadly in this crammed Mobile OS climate, bragging rights mean a lot.

What do you guys think?

Disagree? Any patches that you would add that Palm should have baked into WebOS?
    I like too many to even wanna choose
    AND I FEEL THE SAME WAY
    I NEED MORE BRAGGING RIGHTS
    You should bundle up all those features and send them to HP|Palm. You're so right about those features they should have been implemented into webos at some point already. Also, one more important feature that most, if not... all users complain about...is the screen following the cursor, or vice versa.

I think HP|palm would appreciate your feedback on this matter. You can copy and paste all those features in this survey. Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA.

Thanks.
    I agree even if they didn't add all some should have been definitely included
    Quote Originally Posted by broy83 View Post
    I agree even if they didn't add all some should have been definitely included
    they DID include some. For example: the add pages / named pages, and no auto reload of web pages come to mind.
    Palm is always looking to expand our product and OS to include things that are good for the end user, but if you really want to have your voice heard as to what you want to see included drop a line at the Palm feedback page.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Landscape email is really a no brainer, as is Match State to Area Code.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    OP -

The Llllllama could not have said it any better himself.

Thank you for posting that.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they DID include some. For example: the add pages / named pages, and no auto reload of web pages come to mind.
    They did include some and you are right, I am glad they did

But they need to include more.

It is an arms race out there.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You should bundle up all those features and send them to HP|Palm. You're so right about those features they should have been implemented into webos at some point already. Also, one more important feature that most, if not... all users complain about...is the screen following the cursor, or vice versa.

I think HP|palm would appreciate your feedback on this matter. You can copy and paste all those features in this survey. Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA.

Thanks.
    Thank you I just did

I think everyone here should send into Palm that the "megamix" and "Uber" patches were a no brainier to incorporate into WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    The integration of homebrew patches baked into the main OS.
    I think some of them will make their way into webOS v2.0 - will be interesting to see what patches still need to be included after we get a good look at the next update.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I am just happy to know we will get 2.0 (hopefully not too long from now) to play with, but this works out well.

My Themes:CLICK HERE