1.    #1  
    I downloaded WebOS Quick Install...I'm trying to get the Preware so I can get the Read/Delete All Emails patch.

I think there was a problem with the download. The download sat at 100% complete (finishing installing, please wait) for at least 20 minutes. According to the install directions, it should prompt me to connect my device (which it didn't) so it can install Novacomd (it didn't install that, either).

Do I need to uninstall the Quick Install and start over?

I'm using a Palm Pixi (if it even matters at this point)
    You wanna start the process all over again. Make sure the phone is in developer mode: Type webos20090606, turn dev mode on and restart phone. Download the latest version of webosQI. Also make sure novacomd is active on your PC.

You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/21/2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: added more info.
    there is no "install" to quickinstall (at least with Win7). you just download it and the correct doctor file into the same directory, and double click the .jar file to run it.

is that what you are doing?
  4.    #4  
    So I need to restart the phone after I put it in dev mode? Do I restart it while it's plugged into my computer or not?
    yes restart, but leave it unplugged until you are completely restarted.

when you went into dev mode, it should have offered to restart. did you not see that?
  6.    #6  
    Yes, the phone did offer to restart....now that I think about it. Just tried downloaded the quick install again and I can open the program. I tried the File>Options to manually download Novacomd, but nothing happens when I click on Options.
  7.    #7  
    And I have the QuickInstall and the doctor file in the same directory. There is also a folder in there called Install.
    there is an option in quickinstall to reinstall novacom. make that choice and see what happens. once you know quickinstall can see your phone, you are good to go.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is an option in quickinstall to reinstall novacom. make that choice and see what happens. once you know quickinstall can see your phone, you are good to go.
    That's part of the problem (maybe all?). I don't have the option to reinstall novacom. I'm going to download the WosIQ again and see what happens.
  10.    #10  
    Well, that didn't help. By the way, Cantaffordit, I do appreciate your help! And Rush, too!
  11.    #11  
    Fixed it! Completely deleted the Palm folder and started over. This time novacomd did install and (I hope) I've been able to install the Delete/Read All Emails patch (lots of work to get two little buttons to show up on my email screen).

Thank you for your help!
    You should install Preware and open your Pre to a whole different world.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You should install Preware and open your Pre to a whole different world.
    Did that and installed the patch for Delete/Read All Emails and the camera capture from volume button. Just need to figure out what else is available and what else I want!