1.    #1  
    It's funny to me that one of the hypothetical reasons was "....no carriers want to invest in training..."

When I first got my phone I had already decided I didn't want an iPhone. My previous experience with iTunes made that decision for me. I was stuck between the Pre and the BB Storm. I ended up with the Pre, based on the VERY LIMITED advice of the Bell Mobility store staff. Once I had my phone for a couple of weeks and before I found this site, I made numerous calls to Bell asking for help on such simple things as " why can't my computer find my phone on the front USB port?" and several other 'minor' issues. I found absolutely no help from Bell, they consistently advised me to get in touch with Palm. One would think that a company, such as Bell, or any other carrier for that matter would have some sort of support team trained in every single phone they sell, especially the smart phones, which when you first get one, is a long ways off from the old flip phones.

That being said, and it's already proven, (that CSR's have no clue about the products they are selling, unless maybe they own that particular brand), how exactly is that even a valid excuse? (I know that it was speculation on the part of the original author as to maybe why it isn't happening).

Bottom line is, carriers are corporations, and corporations are likened to psychopaths in the movie the Corporation. They care about 1 and only 1 thing, taking your money. Lock in as many consumers as you can into as long of a contract as you can, and once that's done, they don't have to cater (as much) to you. Maybe it's different in the USA, but that's the way I see it here. With only 3 major carriers that work everywhere across the country, there is no alternative choice, either sign on or use a land line.

sʇuǝɔ 2 ʎɯ s,ʇɐɥʇ
    I know Verizon sets up training websites a few weeks prior to the release of a new device for their sales people and technicians to “self” train on. To my knowledge the use of these sites is up to the discretion of each employee as is their ability to learn from such a tool. If you want a lesson in how to judge a training program ask a sales person in a cell phone store to show you an example of multitasking on two different phones.

2 cents worth
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I know Verizon sets up training websites a few weeks prior to the release of a new device for their sales people and technicians to “self” train on. To my knowledge the use of these sites is up to the discretion of each employee as is their ability to learn from such a tool. If you want a lesson in how to judge a training program ask a sales person in a cell phone store to show you an example of multitasking on two different phones.

2 cents worth
    this is correct

most training is OPTIONAL and buried with 2 different sites on verizons eroes system

there are currently 2 trainings for webos ... 1 is pretty good.. and the other is meh.
  4.    #4  
    that goes beyond the store locations and into the *611 to get to the customer service as well. Virtually no clue whatsoever there, I either had to figure it out myself, which was pretty frustrating as I quickly had to make some phone calls once I got my phone and totally forgot about the HELP thing in the launcher, and it was at least a month or more before I found this site. Thank god them days are over
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel