1.    #1  
    I have two AT&T Palm Pre Plus phones. Is there any way to share the apps between them or do I need to repurchase everything on the second phone?

I had to create a new Palm account in order to setup the second phone, but when I went in the app store i made sure to use the same email address and credit card as the first Pre. I tried to download an app that I had purchased on the first phone and it seemed to make me purchase it again.

If it is not possible to share apps between multiple Palm devices that I own I will be somewhat depressed and envious of all the Apple i-devices that do allow sharing. I especially hope they change this before the PalmPad is released.

Side note, I wish I could just use the same Palm account for both phones. Then the phones could be kept in sync.
    the app is tied to your profile. you can't share apps between profiles. sorry about that.

I'm not sure what you mean about keeping them both in sync, but you can have more than one pre syncing with online accounts such as facebook or hotmail. is that what you mean, or are you talking about apps?
  3.    #3  
    I mean that I should be able to have two phones that use the same Palm profile.

This makes me nervous for when the Palm Pad comes out. Will I need a third profile for that? Lucky for me I can easily create new email addresses for my domain. Will other people have to go create an new free email address so they have something to use for their Palm profile (it won't let you use the same email address for two profiles since the email address is the login name).

This is one place where iOS has WebOS beat. I can use the same login for all of my iOS devices and install the apps I purchased on all of them.

I hope HP/Palm fixes this soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by danwendell View Post
    I mean that I should be able to have two phones that use the same Palm profile.

This makes me nervous for when the Palm Pad comes out. Will I need a third profile for that? Lucky for me I can easily create new email addresses for my domain. Will other people have to go create an new free email address so they have something to use for their Palm profile (it won't let you use the same email address for two profiles since the email address is the login name).

This is one place where iOS has WebOS beat. I can use the same login for all of my iOS devices and install the apps I purchased on all of them.

I hope HP/Palm fixes this soon.
    I was not aware that yo couldn't do this. I have bought many apps with the hopes that I will be using them on my webOS pad even if I don't/couldn't use them on my PRE due to the smaller screen.
    the answer may be very different when the palmpad (hate that name) is out. They may do exactly what you are asking for. Heck, they haven't even announced the product yet, so the only thing we have is speculation.

currently it doesn't work between two phones, but that doesn't mea they won't change it. Gotta wait for them to announce and ship the new stuff.

oh, and can 2 iphones really share a single itunes account and apps? I could see it between a phone and an ipad, or an iphone and ipod, but between two iphones? I hadn't heard that before, but I also don't pay much attention to apple.
    It worked with my iphone and ipod touch and then with my ipod touch and my ipad (don't have the phone anymore) although I was able to download stuff that I had bought when I had the phone on my ipad.
    I'm guessing it wouldn't work between two iphones. Hopefully someone can chime in and verify.
    Bump.. does any one know for sure?
    Anything is possible .. But is it allowed by palm , NOT atm ..

Bc the iphone uses itunes, therefore , apple allows that same I'd to be shared on upto 5 devices.. Using the itunes account profile.

When/If, HP Palm, comes out with there own, which should be soon since the palmpad is near, than they will most likely allow this.

I cover this in my FAQ if you want to check it out in my sig.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm guessing it wouldn't work between two iphones. Hopefully someone can chime in and verify.
    There is a guy I know that syncs apps for one account between both his iPhone and iPodTouch.
  11.    #11  
    iTunes accounts definitely can be shared between multiple iPhones. My brother has 3 iPhones and an iPad on his account and they all share the same apps. This does not mean you need to sync all of the same data to the iPhones. Each is configured for a different person with different music, contact lists, email accounts, etc. As long as you put in the same username and password for app store purchases you can download them to multiple devices.

I have two iPads, a Touch and my wife's iPhone and they all share the same iTunes account and apps.

As a matter of fact you can actually have apps from multiple iTunes accounts on one device. One of the iPads on my account belongs to my Mom, but my brother has also installed apps on that iPad from his account. All of the apps work fine, the only issue is when updating the iPad it will ask for the passwords for each account to update the apps associated with each.

Obviously vendors release iPad specific apps, so you will buy those rather than use your iPhone apps on the larger device, but some vendors essentially give you the iPhone app for free when you buy the more expensive iPad app.

Some people say the limit is 5 devices, but I am not sure. I do know that you can only install your iTunes account on 5 PCs, but I have not run into the limit on i devices. On the PCs you can deauthorize an old PC, so that you can authorize a new one.

On a separate note, I can also sync my B&N purchases to multiple devices. My wife and I both have the Nook, plus we recently got a Nook Color. All three have access to the same books. Additionally I can run the Nook app on all of my i devices and PCs and see those same books. So for B&N I can access the same library of purchased books on 10 different devices in my home (3 Nooks, 4 i devices, 2 laptops and a tablet pc)...I wish the Pre had a Nook app. The only issue with B&N is that it really only allows for one user. The devices are setup to sync the place you are in a book to B&N, so that you open the book to the latest page if you use a new device. The problem here is that my wife an I are obviously reading different books. We end up turning off the syncing feature, so that we don't conflict with each other.
    Last edited by danwendell; 12/14/2010 at 10:06 PM.