Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm going to make the most of the time that's left with mini cards,
    I will miss them.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I'm guessing that since the apps open according to where you are in your list, there will be less need to rearrange.
    BAD... I use this feature on a daily basis.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Difficult to say if it will be missed but it's handy on the Plus when you have say, 10 cards open, switch to mini view and fly through them all in a swipe.

Maybe patchable.
    While I can't say whether it would be technically possible to patch it back in or not, my understanding -which could be wrong - was that the method for switching to mini-cards (tap and hold) was reassigned to initiate moving a card to another location/stack. If it can be patched back in, it would probably require assigning a different command - maybe gesture+tap and hold.
    I personally will miss it hugely. I regularly have 13-15 apps open on my pre+ and find mini card invaluable for fast switching and re-arranging the apps.
    I should imagine that Palm did play around with the idea of mini card view but probably came to the conclusion that getting mini cards into stacks was just too clumsy so did away with it.
    If Palm could implement a way to move full stacks then that would largely lessen the blow of losing mini card view.
    Or alternatively they could make mini card view an option like they currently do with advanced gestures.
    Whatever they do I hope it does compensate for the loss of mini card view.

Pip
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I honestly never use this feature. However since stacks were introduced I figured the mini cards would make aranging the stacks easier. Guess that won't be the case.

- Phil -
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    While I can't say whether it would be technically possible to patch it back in or not, my understanding -which could be wrong - was that the method for switching to mini-cards (tap and hold) was reassigned to initiate moving a card to another location/stack. If it can be patched back in, it would probably require assigning a different command - maybe gesture+tap and hold.
    That's interesting, I never used the tap and hold method. I always just tap outside of the cards. Maybe Deiter is a tap and hold guy and it is still there
    keep in mind that the Stacks feature will likely make mini-view less necessary
    I'll miss the feature. I found the feature by accident then spent a good couple of minutes trying to figure out how I made it go to mini card view. I didn't think they'd remove the feature since it would have made organizing a large set of cards easier. I still wish you could use mini card view in the launcher to quickly reorganize apps instead of dragging the app page to page.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Looks like palm thinks there won't be any need for mini view now that they have stacks, but I suspect I will miss it.
    Me too

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I never use it, so good.

IDK though, saw the "grid" tech from another thread, wasn't happy about that too. May as well just go to launcher and select app again to go to active card... Then again I have a Pre-... Maybe if Palm had given me 512 ram to begin with, mini card would be usable and my opinion would be different.
    I will miss the mini cards.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I previously wanted webOS to default to the mini card view. After using webOS 2.0, I would prefer to have mini card view with groups, instead of big cards with stacks. Stacks obscure the contents of each card, one of the benefits of the cards UI. I hope the homebrew community will bring back mini card view.
    I find it much easier to reorder cards using the mini cards. Along those lines, I wish there was a way to keep what I consider my primary cards in a specific order: Phone in spot 1, Email in spot 2, Messaging in spot 3. If I tap a notification, it always moves the card to the very far right when the card opens. I would rather have those three cards stay in the same spot to the left of all the other cards.
    I doubt we'll be getting webOS 2.0 now but if we do get it I will miss it. And for any of you who won't "You'll miss it when it's no there anymore".
    You can't miss what you don't use.

I am somewhat OC, so I use it to rearrange the order of open cards, all the time.

If I already have a card open and I get an email, then the email card has to be moved to the very left. LOL!

If I have something open and launch a webpage, it has to be moved to the right.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I'll miss it, (I'm a bit OC, or AR, as well!) ;-) ...and even more, I'll miss Advanced Prefs for Launcher, as the Launcher is no longer patchable under 2.0.

I'm REALLY going to miss 4x5 icons, removing icon titles, etc.

...and, frankly, I'm surprised more folks are not irritated by this... I LOVE the Advanced Launcher patch! It's one the top 3 patches I use!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I'll miss it, (I'm a bit OC, or AR, as well!) ;-) ...and even more, I'll miss Advanced Prefs for Launcher, as the Launcher is no longer patchable under 2.0.

I'm REALLY going to miss 4x5 icons, removing icon titles, etc.

...and, frankly, I'm surprised more folks are not irritated by this... I LOVE the Advanced Launcher patch! It's one the top 3 patches I use!
    I didn't know about this! Lite List launcher is one of my fave patches. Where did you hear this news?
    I never used the mini card view so neither

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    I've had a Pre+ since July and I never even knew about the feature, so I'm not going to miss it. Of course, I'm the type to never have more than 3-4 windows open at once.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast