1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I know its not an announced feature, but for those at precentral.net who have access to the pre 2, does webOS 2.0 have hardware acceleration. ie, do the launcher pages/browser scroll super smooth like the iOS
    only some parts such as CSS transitions
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    What qualifies as css transitions? Isn't the launcher (as well as most of webos gui) just html and css and javascript?
    Last edited by R_E; 10/20/2010 at 12:48 AM.
    I, too, would like to know this, the videos weren't very enlightening... It's really something you can only properly see in person.

The word was always that the choppiness of UI-level animations would be ameliorated by hardware accelleration.

All I know is that the engadget review noted how zippy and fluid everything was, "neck-to-neck with iOS4". That may be an indication that those fabled CSS transforms have finally arrived.
    css transitions is exactly what it sounds like

anytime an animation is playing like a card opening or the launcher opening is hardware accelerated.

Anything like scrolling I think is not.

But with 1ghz its not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Disagree. Anything that takes load off the CPU is a good thing...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Indeed. Use of the GPU should help save battery life too.
    : (){:|:&};:
    So, does it perform better at the initial rendering of long lists?
    I got confused so does the palm pre 2 have GPU??? I mean good one like the one in the n8 forexample ???
    I'm curious about this as well. I have the beta, but it's so snappy on a PC it's hard to tell, and the virtual box wouldn't have the same video hardware emulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Indeed. Use of the GPU should help save battery life too.
    According to Palm it has the same crappy battery life as the first line of Pres. The lack of battery life in these phones is embarrassing.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  13. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Even with 1ghz, i still frequently get lag. Sometimes it will just freeze for around 3 -5 seconds. Its really annoying.
    at that point try doing a restart. I've noticed that happens sometimes when I add or remove a patch and it doesn't request a restart. so I do a restart anyway. it seems to have cleared that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    According to Palm it has the same crappy battery life as the first line of Pres. The lack of battery life in these phones is embarrassing.
    According to Engadget the Pre2 has better battery life on their pre-release device.
    According to Engadget the Pre2 has better battery life on their pre-release device.
    Then we'll have to wait and see what the general consensus is from it's actual users on multiple networks. That's just silly, mixed information.