Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    2 questions

- What Patches do you expect to be incorporated into 2.0, that you havent seen?

and

- What Patches will you request (because i know already some people are thinking about it) here in the forums for 2.0 if they arent there?
    Sounds like some aspects of advanced prefs for app launcher are going to be there...

Would hope to get Ubercalendar also.
    Last edited by jjeffcoat; 10/19/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    patch that brings back minimized card view...or a new different implementation of minimized card view that works with the stacks and everything.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    hide VPN in dropdown menu patch.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    patch that brings back minimized card view...or a new different implementation of minimized card view that works with the stacks and everything.
    actually i was wondering if minimized card view would be in 2.0
    1. remove launcher page titles
    2. remove VPN from device menu
    3. Hide Just Type bar

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    actually i was wondering if minimized card view would be in 2.0
    According to Dieter's video on the front page, minimized card view is gone for some reason. Not sure why they would dump that feature
    I can't wait to get my hands on a 2.0 WebOS Doc... Doesn't matter what carrier it's for... Come on Palm....

Patches I want so far:
    - Hide 'Just Type' bar
    - Remove Launcher page titles
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    remove launcher page titles
    lol... i was wondering if someone would request that ... but i get it more room for apps

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    According to Dieter's video on the front page, minimized card view is gone for some reason. Not sure why they would dump that feature
    i didnt hear that... i have to re-watch it.....
  10.    #10  
    i need the Glass Effect Patch
    I'm hoping for a patch that adds PreCentral search to the universal search feature... (grin)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm hoping for a patch that adds PreCentral search to the universal search feature... (grin)
    i believe this is baked in... it was said in the video that precentral uses open search platform that webos recognizes in the browser for Just Type
    here's a thought....somebody, somewhere, looked at Homebrew and maybe they incorporated every single patch into the OS already, so they are no longer patches per se, but actual options.

-completely non-factual, but you never know
    not all of them, but I see a bunch of them! And several of my favs!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    here's a thought....somebody, somewhere, looked at Homebrew and maybe they incorporated every single patch into the OS already, so they are no longer patches per se, but actual options.

-completely non-factual, but you never know
    maybe HardBeatZ thread paid off and he added the whole lot!! http://forums.precentral.net/general...os-update.html
    New Patches:
    - Remove Launcher Page Titles
    - Hide Just Type bar
    - Verizon GPS Fix Patch

Updated Patches:
    - 4X4 Icons in Launcher
    - Battery Icon as %
    - Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch
    - Disable Charging Sound Alert
    - Ubercalendar
    - Glass Effect Patch
    - Hide App Vendors
    - No Auto-Off While Charging
    - Mode Switcher
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    they baked in new launcher page. I was wondering if it'd b cool to have a patch that makes all launched apps go to one big stack

I don't kno how stacks behave, but it would be cool if you could pinch to separate cards, flick to pan through cards, much like a hand of cards in a game.
    All of the patches mentioned above and, if it is not included -- I haven't seen or heard a mention of it -- Voice command capability to at least be able to dial the phone while driving.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    they baked in new launcher page. I was wondering if it'd b cool to have a patch that makes all launched apps go to one big stack

I don't kno how stacks behave, but it would be cool if you could pinch to separate cards, flick to pan through cards, much like a hand of cards in a game.
    i dont know how stacks behave either but would you still want individual stacks?

bc it sound like you want to keep it like 1.4.5 but instead of seperated by a gap .. stacked..
    it's an idea. Of course w/o a patch, I can put all the cards together manually
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast