1.    #1  
    The recent update for the WebOS 1.4.5 has changed something with the mobile hot spot. I hope someone else out there is experiencing this. A group of us at work use VPN regularly and out of 4 phones, one being recently replaced; no one can use VPN through the hotspot. This did work prior to the update. I was curious if anyone had a fix for this. I think I read awhile back that the update DID CHANGE the way we use VPN but Im unsure of any way to get around this at the current time.

Hep me!
    I am still able to connect with our checkpoint vpn client.

what are you using?

what carrier are you on?

if not on vzw, are you using the verizon MHS, freetether, etc?
  3.    #3  
    Im actually with verizon. Check this out. Got 3 of the phones together again i today to really put this problem to rest. On two of the phones, I was able to get connected, took some time; but they eventually connected. One phone when we were able to get connected to it, wouldn't even give me internet access (user has reported various wireless issues in the past). I think maybe having this 'defective' phone's hotspot turned on at the same time is killing it. I hope that makes sense. Usually when i test I have all 3 on and connect to each one after the other to test the VPN connection.
    I am having the same issue with PPTP VPN.

Sometimes it will connect after waiting a while on my laptop...but it times out always now on my iPad.

Verizon needs to get this fixed.
    I am experiencing the same issue with OpenConnect.

Has there been any resolution to this issue?