1.    #1  
    I have a German friend working in the UK who is looking for a new phone. He looked around (at the obvious ones...) and in his own words: narrowed his choice down to two phones, the HTC desire and and the Samsung Galaxy S.

However, he had a very specific requirement that he wanted met otherwise he wouldn't get the phone. As he works in England, he wants his phone to be in German, but to be able to text in English as well. With these two phones, you could only change the language for the entire phone and not just for text messages. He claims that a lot of feature phones have been able to do this for a long time.

I had a quick look through the settings of my Pre and could not find a setting to change the text language. Does it exist? or does it rely on the fact that the auto-correct is so small anyway that it doesn't to change language.

Does any smart phone have this option - apparently Android doesn't, I can't imagine Apple having this (inbuilt)?

If HP is trying to sell the next iterations of webOS phones to business, many of whom will work with people of other nationalities, should this be standard?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have NaN posts.
    use the google website to translate the message, then paste it into the messaging app?
    btw, that's a great idea for an app that would do that automatically in the background. Any dev want to create that?
  4.    #4  
    btw, that's a great idea for an app that would do that automatically in the background. Any dev want to create that?
    Hear hear!!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have NaN posts.