1.    #1  
    If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to copy a data base from a document I saved on my pre to a program so i can load the date again. I can't seem to get the copy command to work. I have been holding the shift up arrow key and then touching the screen where I want to start but nothing seems to happen. Can someone help on this?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    shift+tap to select. Gesture+c to copy, gesture+v to paste
    What kind of document?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What kind of document?
    It's in a word document that has been saved on the Pre. The info inside the document is data that was sent via email as exported data and I'm now trying to import the data back into a program (I had to get a new Pre today because the touch screen died).

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    shift+tap to select. Gesture+c to copy, gesture+v to paste
    Okay....not getting this....you press the shift (up arrow) button and tap the screen at the same time? What if you want to select an entire document to copy and paste? Anyway, then, when you say "Gesture+c", do you mean press the "C" button and swipe the gesture are at the same time? Thanks for any additional input.

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Shift+tap selects the word your on. Gesture in this context means swipe toward and touch the button on your screen. The button will light when you're successful. I find I barely need to swipe the screen, it's almost just a touch near the button.

Are you viewing the document as an attachment (have you just tapped to view it in the e-mail)? Or have you saved the doc and are viewing it in Doc View?

I find Doc View does just what it says and that's it - view docs. You can check to see if you have a 'select all' option from the menu. Swipe down from top left menu to see.

I prefer Internalz for minor editing.

Hope this helps.
    which button is the 'tab' button? <-- Yep, really old man here.

Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    which button is the 'tab' button? <-- Yep, really old man here.

I don't think there is a "tab" button. You need to "tap" the gesture area for this to work. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    I don't think there is a "tab" button. You need to "tap" the gesture area for this to work. :-)
    Oh "Tap" not "Tab"
    I told you I was old. (and blind)

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    You could also hold your thumb on the gesture area and press A at the same time and it will then copy everything. Followed by holding the gesture area and pressing C, everything highlighted before will now be copied. Lastly hold the gesutre area and press V and everything copied will now be pasted. Hope this helps you out.
    Yes, I agree, you don't have to swipe anywhere. Just put your thumb on the black part next to the LED. While you're holding your thumb there, you can press A to select everything.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try opening the file in Scratch Word Processor (in the app catalog) if it comes down to that and you can't do it through your computer.
    I'd like to know if there is a way to do a Gesture+c or Gesture+v without minimizing the app? A couple of apps have pop ups that I'd like to paste into and they have Edit disabled on the main menu. When I Gesture+v it pastes the text, then backs out to card view which closes the popup menu without saving the pasted info.
    I'm not sure why this is happening to you. Anytime I paste with Gesture+V, it will paste the text without backing out or adversely effecting the program.