1.    #1  
    my daughters pixi touch screen stopped working last i night. I doctored the device and sill nothing. I bought it last december so it was still under palm warrenty. Palm wanted me to pay 30 bucks for a advanced exchange,and hold 400 bucks from my account until they received the broke phone. I remembered i had sprint insurance and told the lady i would call her back.I went to sprint repair store near my house,told him i had insurance,and he started working on the phone to see if he could fix it. while he was doing that we were talking fantasy football the whole time,having some fun. IN the end,he could not fix it. I fully expected to pay 100 dollar deductible. He said "i am gonna make you a deal" he told me "come back tommorow and i will give you a brand new pixie,,,,for free,no deductible.just make this your number one sprint store for all yr needs". seeing it is the next street over from me this was a very acceptible deal. sprint rocks.
    Very cool! See.. that guy 'gets it'. This is how you sell and how you not only gain business... but more importantly - keep business. Good story - thanks for sharing!
  3.    #3  
    it made my day,,,thanks for the kudos.
    Great story - I wish all tech and sales people had that kind of attitude and customer awareness.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Great story - I wish all tech and sales people had that kind of attitude and customer awareness.
    I think you are right,but it also helps when the customer comes in with a little more honey and alot less vinegar.although it is wrong,i think customer service reps tend to treat you like you treat them. If you come in angry and nasty,u get it right back at you alot of the time. As hellonnnewman said,,,theses guys get it.