Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Take a Gander.

Attached Images Attached Images
    beautiful! when can I have it?
    If this is truly working and not photoshopped, this is awesome.

btw for Apple iPod Touch it should say: The enemy.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Yep, the exact thing. No, not photoshopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    <<Threads merged>>

Cross-posting is discouraged, although this is almost awesome enough to merit it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I'm working out the pricing logistics with the company supplying the image recognition. Once that happens... You never know
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    <<Threads merged>>

Cross-posting is discouraged, although this is almost awesome enough to merit it.
    If this app becomes available, it will shoot to #1 with a bullet. I want it now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If this app becomes available, it will shoot to #1 with a bullet. I want it now!
    What are you worried about..u can't afford it. I can and I want it!!

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Wow! Looks not only awesome but very promising!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    haha, wow.. it's late. I read that as "google gears" and thought, why in the world is someone working on an abandoned product from google...

looks great, can't wait to see it... and can't wait to see it paired with a better camera on webOS devices... c'mon palm!
    Sweet
    Is the Palm's camera good enough at close-ups to do text and contact recognition?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    What about barcodes? That's all I care about!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Is the Palm's camera good enough at close-ups to do text and contact recognition?
    Hell no. It's a piece of garbage. It can do large bold font. Business cards are near impossible.
    whoa relax on the camera. My friend is a professional photographer and he is amazed at the photos I can take with my Pre.

Its not a piece of garbage, its just not good at close ups because it has fixed focus, which is actually better in some regards....just not in this one
    has anyone tried the magnetic lens attachments for the iphone on thepre
    Someone had a simple hack where they were taking a lens out of an old DVD player, fitting it a case so it would be placed over the Pre's camera, and then using that setup for 'macro mode' photos.
    If you develop this app far enough, will you be releasing it via Homebrew channels, or will you be waiting for the official camera api in webOS 2.0 and release it to the App Catalog?

(We're getting the camera api in 2.0, right? I know it was supposed to come with 1.5, but it looks like we're going straight to 2.0...)

Very nice work, btw.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast