Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    whoa relax on the camera. My friend is a professional photographer and he is amazed at the photos I can take with my Pre.

Its not a piece of garbage, its just not good at close ups because it has fixed focus, which is actually better in some regards....just not in this one
    I agree with you about the Pre camera. It takes great pictures; I use it as a replacement for my 10mp digital camera because under most conditions it takes good quality photos that are a realistic size for mailing and uploading. The only problem is the fixed focus is terrible for close-up or macro shots.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If you develop this app far enough, will you be releasing it via Homebrew channels, or will you be waiting for the official camera api in webOS 2.0 and release it to the App Catalog?

(We're getting the camera api in 2.0, right? I know it was supposed to come with 1.5, but it looks like we're going straight to 2.0...)

Very nice work, btw.
    Well I'm using the Camera API already available, where it simply launches the Camera Application. It will be in the App Catalog. However, first stop will obviously be Homebrew . I'm just creating my interface and waiting for an affordable rate with the company doing processing..
    maybe I'm wrong but I read that to mean your app isn't doing any of the image processing or interpretation. Instead you're uploadig the image to a 3rd party for processing. Not sure that I'm comfortable with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgnos View Post
    maybe I'm wrong but I read that to mean your app isn't doing any of the image processing or interpretation. Instead you're uploadig the image to a 3rd party for processing. Not sure that I'm comfortable with that.
    That is exactly what Google goggles does my friend! The Palm Pre doesn't have the processing power of a google server to do that kind of work. I love google goggles!

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Google goggle?...ummm interesting

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgnos View Post
    Sure, let me load up a few million images onto your device, run some processing for the next few hours on that one image, and drain your battery in 20 minutes.

Or, we could let a third party server farm do the processing.
    what is this app? What does it do? I don't see what is so cool about it, but I guess I have no clue what it is doing.
    Looking forward to playing with this! Please let me know if you'd like any beta testers. Would be happy to test and provide feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    what is this app? What does it do? I don't see what is so cool about it, but I guess I have no clue what it is doing.
    go google "google goggles"
    Google Goggles click on video

I am interested in beta or alpha testing if you are in need of feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    Think about it this way. Since im a student, i'll sell it in that perspective. Your friend bought a textbook from the school store. But we all know that books are usually more cheaper online than they are at the school store. Google goggle lets you just take a picture of that book and do a google product search based on the picture alone. So no need to type anything at all.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    when will this app be out?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Right now it's only in the prototype stage. Midterms are coming up, lots to do. However, I could release interim 'nightly' builds once the company which processes the images gives me a proper rate.
    cool keep us posted. I would also like to be a beta tester if you need them.
    sorry, I guess my post sounded a bit short.
    the point I was trying to make was that you probably don't want sgnos knowing what you take pictures of just like I don't want some unknown 3rd party knowing what I take pictues of.
    you're definitely on to a great app idea, but I would like a bit more disclosure about who has access to the information and what their privacy policy is.
    I like the idea of the app, I'm certain that I would find uses for it.
    i wonder if google themselves can provide an api to make developing this app quick and easy. By api i mean a link to upload the pic (with your developer id) then retrieve the results. The app would be super easy to build in webOS 2.0 with the new camera api.

I have done a similar thing with SHOUTcast(TM) in my new free app "Internet Radio".

I look to google and see if they have anything for you.

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Sorry for the thread hijack.

has anyone tried the magnetic lens attachments for the iphone on thepre
    Wow, had to look this up. Very cool. I want telephoto and fisheye on my pre!
    well i asked google an we shall see what there response is. I did find this:
    IQ Engines: Image Recognition and Visual Search

is that what you are using?

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    has anyone tried the magnetic lens attachments for the iphone on thepre
    I tried this macro/wide angle lens that my friend had.
    Didn't take an upclose pic but this is what i took.
    And obviously didn't stick on magnetically so i had to hold it.

Fisheye, Macro, and Wide Angle Camera Phone Lenses

click for large shots

any update on this app?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast