Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet, as both my father's and my Pres are doing it (that's two out of the four in our family) so it must be fairly common. But I haven't found a thread:

When I dial voicemail I see the wrong contact. In my case, this contact became linked via Synergy to me. I have separated them, but this did not correct who shows up in voicemail.

In my father's case, the contact is not connected, but has the exact same phone number, albeit with a different area code.

Any suggestions?
    Do you use any voicemail programs (YouView for example)? When you say you dial your voicemail do you actually punch your whole number in or do you have it on speed dial (it is pre-programmed if you just hold down 1)? I guess I am a bit confused why when you call your voicemail another contact comes up.
    When is the last time either of those phones had a Full restart? I've had this happen in the past, but it was just because the phones get a little flaky if you don't restart them every so often and let the software do some house-cleaning. Do a full shut-down/restart of the devices and see if that sorts things out.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    No to any 3rd party voicemail apps and lots and lots of restarts...
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Do you use any voicemail programs (YouView for example)? When you say you dial your voicemail do you actually punch your whole number in or do you have it on speed dial (it is pre-programmed if you just hold down 1)? I guess I am a bit confused why when you call your voicemail another contact comes up.
    When I 1) get a voicemail notification and tap on it, 2) tap the voicemail icon in the phone app, or 3) launch the phone app and just dial my own number (which is what either of those first two do automatically) I see someone else's name. Historically, I saw my own name.