1.    #1  
    is it me or has certain little task that were fine are now not working like they should? I've been having Universal Search issues, some apps seems to have lost save data then returned, and now Facebook is crazy. After seeing the the early unveiling of Pre 1.75 from SFR and seeing some info about Facebook 'push' got me to thinking that all these little quirks might be from the upcoming WebOS 2.0. I thought maybe it's just my phone but a friend of mine says his phone is becoming a little buggy also and he is running stock Pre Plus. Or maybe I should get out more and stop hitting update on PreCentral and app catalog.
    odd I was thinking the same thing. The facebook app has been really buggy lately.
    Came in here expecting talk about phonology and phone of the week episodes. Topic didn't deliver enough conspiracy.
    I noticed it too. It's on both fb beta and the app catalog version. Instead of functioning normally it keeps opening new cards for everything like viewing notifications. It started with just photo comments and the app said "you must use browser to view this" but now it's almost all notifications making using the app difficult. I wonder if these functions are because these are the functions that will be pushed to the device in 2.0 or on the new phones themselves, or if facebook changed their mobile app policy and messed up everything lol. I hope it's the first one, that would mean almost full facebook (and hopefully other programs) integration into the phone os itself. Between synergy and push...it could be EPIC!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Pre 1.75
    That's cute...

Can you explain to me why you think any sort of bugs in the Facebook beta app would be even remotely related to webOS 2.0? How would an unreleased version of an operating system that you don't have installed affect your device? Either I've greatly misunderstood your question/hypothesis or you are severely misinformed as to what webOS and upgrades are.
    this has been mentioned a billion times. don't mention it again.
    the only thing a new update affects, if it affects anything at all, would be the app catalog. not the facebook app.
    nbmatt has it right.

Facebook for Palm webOS put this on the discussion boards a couple days ago:
    Justin Ried - "We know. Facebook made some changes to their notifications, thereby breaking our app. We're looking into and working on it. It'll be fixed in the next release of our app."

Notifications not working correctly on WebOS FB APP | Facebook

honey, the search button doesn't bite.
    it's your imagination !!! Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Conspiracy? Really? Palm intentionally conspiring against it's customers. What is the upside of that for them?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Conspiracy? Really? Palm intentionally conspiring against it's customers. What is the upside of that for them?

ok maybe conspiracy is a strong word. But I'm still having issues with apps. I've search the forums and I see little info on my issues. Then I remembered for some reason my phone acts buggy when an update is near. Here are some other things that my phone has done (now and before during updates)....my game save data seems to be erased then without a restart it back. I work night shifts and figured it was a midnight thing with data profiles but I'm not programmer so idk. I just know that it's happened before only around update time. 2) login info keeps resetting....i use Mediafly @ night to catch up on my sport broadcast and it's been asking for my login info every time.....didnt do it before...Pandora, facebook, and RadioTime are doing this also. 3) no updates to apps....now this is why I say conspiracy...i work @ a place that deals with trends and the trend has been that there are little to no app updates in the catalog when an update us near. I have a few apps that have been updating on the regular because of bug issues. Theses few apps still have an issue, the dev says he working on it, no fix.....soooo why do they all stop fixing the apps @ the same time???

after reading this over I think I need to lay off the energy drinks....lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    after reading this over I think I need to lay off the energy drinks....lol!
    I'm in total agreement.

As for your phone running generally buggy prior to updates....can't say I have ever seen that.

Do you reboot the phone very often? I found that daily reboots have vanquished many gremlins. You can find a few reboot schedulers (so it can be done while your sleeping) in he homebrew cat.

Do you overclock? That also took care of a number of lag and preformance issues for me, it really makes a difference....even if you only OC at a relatively low 700MHz.

If nothing is fixing your problems you could always hit up webOS Doctor.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11.    #11  
    yes I reboot often. I use to use Preset Reset but have gotten use to doing it myself. I actually shut if off for a day...ok maybe 12hrs...while I sleep. Yes I overclock...Sprint Pre ...its a given. I'm thinking of doing a utility reset to see if that helps. Lmao....on the paranoia.....i'm leaning that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    this has been mentioned a billion times. don't mention it again.

honey, the search button doesn't bite.
    funniest reply ever. the OP won't know he's hurt until he turns around and sees the trail of blood.

I think "honey, the search button doesn't bite" might become my new signature!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    OP, the reason you're getting all this negative feedback is because other users can't relate.
    Palm is exclusively after you, and everyone got the memo except you.
    ok...i'm back on my meds. Palm said get an Evo....lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    funniest reply ever. the OP won't know he's hurt until he turns around and sees the trail of blood.

I think "honey, the search button doesn't bite" might become my new signature!
    XD XD I do try.
    not to put down OP or anything. it's simply that when people don't search correctly, and try to find the answer before asking the community, it irks me a bit.
    plus, for the last two weeks I had to turn off my webOS notifications for the fb app because facebook decided to change SOMETHING on their page that made every notification open in a web card (from the fb app) giving me this annoying error post.
    it was horrible. but luckily they fixed it x___x
    if it does happen again, let's just all assume it's facebook and not the saints at palm.

oh, and if that's your signature, bahahhahaha you'll get kool aid points for life XD